First hatch of the season

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First hatch of the season

It doesn't matter how many years one has been hatching, the first chicks of the season are always exciting. And mine are coming off today. So far two cream legbar pullets - yay!!!

I didn't do any hatching last year, would love to if I get a broody, but realistically I won't. (not not get a broody, with two Buffs I think that likely, just can't commit the time)

Will we get pics?
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Pics eh? I'm a techno dunce you know! Will try though.

As I type I have four chicks in total (out of seven eggs) which could be better, but they are all female which is great. Typically I had someone interested in having a couple of day old boys so they will have to wait a little longer, there's another hatch due off next week.

Comment

Cream Legbars - oh how lovely. Makes me broody for getting more. Everyday on the school run I pass a large field with thousands of hens wandering around in it. Wish some would make a bid for freedom.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Brilliant well done Richmond. I hatched some marans and Light sussex on the 21st of February 2 marans and 3 light sussex. This out of 3 maran eggs and 6 LS eggs not bad.

Comment

come on pictures please! Could you put a male and female side by side so i can see the differences- I am curious.

Comment

Do you mean pics of chicks, or adults, or both? Only have female chicks at present though.

Will try, will need to enlist help from OH though!
              Last edited by RichmondHens; 03-03-2012, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Chicks!¬ then i would know which ones are ferret food before wasting any time and expense raising them. however, do they make a good roast the fellas?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X