single eye closed and lethargic

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single eye closed and lethargic

HI there, One of my chickens is off colour, she is closing one of her eyes when i look closely it doesn't look enflamed but there were some small doors of liquid, I;ve bathed them

When I put food in front of her good eye she will eat, and is drinking when she is on her own

Any ideas,

Slightly poo y bum but otherwise seems okay

how old is she, what breed is she? is it possible she has something in the eye- can you bathe the eye?

Comment

I've bathed her eye a couple of times but it seems okay,

She is an ex batt, no problems health wise before, actually gone through a moult a short time ago and feathered lovely

She is probably around 3-4 so getting old in chicken terms

I was sure if this is the onset of Mycroplasma? but none seems to cough or sneeze barr the odd one - and she hasn't got running nose or anything

Comment

Are there bubbles in her eye? Have you listened to her breathing? You could try tylan, what can it hurt. I think ex batts are fully vaccinated though, so the chance of her 'catching' anything is remote? At 3-4 she has had a good innings for a hybrid.

Comment

her breathing seemed okay yesterday, its a bit heavy today and yes little tiny bubbles in her eyes. I had some tylan but its a nightmare to measure out 0.5g (how much is that on a teaspoon???) so i've popped it in the water for all of them just in case

Comment

no change today, so i popped her into the greenhouse on her own so she could eat without the others hassling her....we'll see how she gets on tomorrow

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X