run roofing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• run roofing

I am putting a roof on my run, thinking of using corrugated plastic. Anyone know where i can order some from thats not too pricey? or a good alternative?
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

I got mine from Wickes - the small profile one. I think it was £9/sheet

Edit: I had 4 corrugations (is that even a word?) overlap.. IMO that's not enough, water gets in, unless there's a support under each one... I'm going to have to silicone mine I think. It keeps the rain out, but you do get the odd drop come in. Can show you via a pic if you can't get what I'm on about
    Last edited by chris; 10-02-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I think I know what you mean. 4 wobbly bumpy bits overlapping each other on each sheet, am I right? I have had a look at wickes but their delivery seems very expensive. I have found screwfix have them at a reasonable price and will have a look at their delivery costs.
      http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Yep, exactly. They droop down slightly too.

Ahh, I just put them in the boot (they curl up, so went between the drivers and passengers seat).

Could you bribe a neighbour/friend with (suitable) transport with a box of eggs to save you the delivery cost?

Comment

We used onduline, which I can recommend, but it's pricier than the plastic.
          Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

or do what we did,visit any local window places,we struck very lucky with some,second hand stuff for our grow barn,came from a carport,
            Last edited by lottie dolly; 10-02-2012, 02:40 PM.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

If your plastic sheet is
              a) not placed completely flat (you probably need about 1 inche extra height per foot of length) and
              b) adequately supported in its length (about every 2-3 ft if nearly flat) and
              c) fastened to the supports with the nails/screws through the RIDGES not the VALLEYS of the corrugations, 2 overlaps should be sufficient.
              Onduline works much the same.
              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

We have used the small corrigated stuff and had about 3x overlaps - looked great until the wind blew just before Christmas......
                It now is a patchwork of bits of the original plastic with some bits of sign board we had lying around. It shatters easily when blown about so fasten it down securely and brace it across the top with some battens.
                We might use onuline next time as it is much more sturdy - although it'll make the run a bit darker.

Comment

The plastic stuff is flexible enough when new, but it soon goes brittle when the sun gets to it!
                  That is the advantage of Onduline, but it cuts down the light.
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Also provides shade in summer!

Comment

I used plastic corrugated stuff for my broody runs. It starts off looking great but gets blown all over the place, gets brittle in the sun and cracks to bits. Onduline is better but not transparent. Clear tarp may be better still......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X