Barrier X and V1

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrier X and V1

I used both of these for the first time today. The disinfectant I sprayed and cleaned down all plastic surfaces, after I had washed and scrubbed down. I then used the Barrier X on top as a diluted wash that I polished on - it's supposed to leave a sticky film. Has anyone else used these products and are they effective and keeping the house mite/lice free?
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Do you mean barrier Red mite solution? I have used the barrier red mite powder but I've never used the solution. I use creosote to keep my mites down ( only ever seen them in the summer - think that may be dormant during the colder months?)I just sweep out during the cold/wet weather too as I keep my birds in sheds/coops, they take too long to dry during the winter.

Comment

This is called Barrier X not sure on what the red note thing is - might be the same oh well, thought I'd use it. Smelt wonderful and cleared my sinuses
      The V1 is a disinfectant.
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

No, not used either of those products. We use creosote here too. Don't need anything else. The houses get a touch up in the Spring when the weather starts to warm up and that keeps them at bay. I put diatomaceous earth in the nestboxes and dust the hens with that too and hardly ever see an insect anywhere.

Disinfectant wise I use Stalosan which is a powder you sprinkle over the floor after mucking out. That way the houses stay dry and last longer.

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          This is called Barrier X not sure on what the red note thing is - might be the same oh well, thought I'd use it. Smelt wonderful and cleared my sinuses
          The V1 is a disinfectant.
          Save your money and start using it in the spring

Comment

OK will do, although the hen house is now an Omlet Eglu so creosote and powders not really an option. I do use DE in the Aubiose filled nest box.

Comment

agree with scarlet- wait until those red mites appear!Ha!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X