which meds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which meds

Coop and run is built, we have decided to waiting until the weather improves (just incase it snows this Feb until we get our first lot of chickens. However, reading my books it says you should have a whole range of meds. Which ones should I make sure I have before I get my chickens and do I need the vast amount that is suggested?

Thanks

Probably not! Medicines should only be given when a diagnosis is made preferably by a vet. However some basic general first aid items are essential.
    My personal list would include Wound powder; purple spray; Apple cider vinegar; Respite (a garlic based remedy for sneezes and sniffles); Anti-peck spray

Comment

Agree with Sue. Add to that Flubenvet for worming and a good louse powder or diatomaceous earth for regular control of parasites. It's a good idea to treat all new hens for parasites as soon as you get them home, even if the breeder says they have been done.

I am firmly of the opinion that happy hens rarely fall ill. Give them a sensible diet, worm and de louse regularly, give them plenty of space to avoid them getting stressed (stressed hens fall ill more often) and you should have very few problems.

Comment

Thanks guys, will get what you have suggested.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X