Poultry Drinks

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poultry Drinks

Whilst I was at the chookshop yesterday, I bought some Battles poultry drink supplement. My girls are eyeing up their water with suspicion and disdain, and only drinking from the puddle of dirty water I tipped out before refilling.

Why is it red?

Jules
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Maybe you'll get red yolks!!!!!

Joking aside- maybe it IS to 'enhance' the colour of your eggs- yellow +red=golden orange!!

It wouldn't be to stop kiddies from drinking it....red looks too tempting!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Maybe its made of beetroot!

Comment

The girls are not happy. They've been around the water box from all angles and clucked at it in a most concerned way. I shall be a bit miffed if they won't drink it - £6 down the drain, literally. And it is the bright magenta red of beetroot Sue....looks like they've got Ribena!

Jules
        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I haven't tried any poultry drinks but I do know something. I put out fresh clean water regularly and always make sure its topped up i even put a splash of cider vinegar in there but they always go for the plant pot saucers that catch the rain water!! or the dirty puddles!! why??? does anyone elses do this?

Comment

Same here. If I throw their old water on the garden before filling with clean, they always pounce on the dirty water as if dying of thirst!

Comment

Same here. Mine didn't like the red stuff either. I do put ACV in their water which they will drink, but if I put the designated amount they won't drink much, so I halve the dose. Then they don't notice. I'm sure you can do too much for hens...
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

As far as they are concerned this is water that has been 'messed about with'. They may get used to it in time....
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X