No announcement yet.

A funny tale, this will make you smile!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A funny tale, this will make you smile!

hi all,

this is sure to make you all smile. as you may know i am battling with a bossy hen who is taking advantage of my resident hen who is moulting at the mo.

well, as bossy hen was entertaining herself trying to work out how to jump on the wall to eat my winter pansies! i let miranda the moulting hen in the kitchen and fed her some cat food (protein) while bossy hen wasnt looking.

As she was eating i noticed that she had what looked like a big lump of pink skin hanging from her undercarriage, each time she moved it shook, i literally froze as i thought that the bossy hen had pecked her and in my vivid imagination imagined all sorts of horrible things were hanging from her. with my hand to my mouth in pure shock and bewilderment as i didnt know what to do next i bent down and thought here goes i will have to face the worst.

As i bent down to inspect i realised that something was clinging to her feathers and shaking around. it was a piece of PINK WAFER THIN HAM!!!!!! I was so relieved! my son then told me that he had fed the cat some and it must have been left on the floor, so as miranda had walked across the kitchen floor it must have stuck to her!!!!

i did laugh after the shock had passed! hope that made you all smile x

Ham and eggs anyone?

Comment

*Giggles!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Like G4!!!!

Comment

Can't believe she missed that tasty morsel and walked past - Mine would have stuffed it in their beaks in the blink of an eye. Glad that's all it was though...

Comment

This is the first thing to make me chuckle in weeks so thank you very much for that!
            My dog ate the girls' garlic porridge before I could get it to them...his breath stinks and he is SO NOT sleeping on the bed tonight!
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

im so pleased my tale has made people smile!!we all need a chuckle nown again. dont you just love the dogs who steal the chickens food! my lab used to do it! x

Comment

how do you make the garlic porridge?? x

Comment

I buy Flanaghans porridge oats and make it with water as you would normally. Crush two cloves of garlic into it. Am now adding a sprinkling of meal worms on top (as of today) a la Heston Blumenthal - they love it.
                  Doggy chops, a wire fox called Rupert wants everything that isn't dog food, but especially chicken food specials. I fed them my cucumbers from the greenhouse through Summer and he even wanted that. Mad!

Another of his tricks that I noticed yesterday as I sat with the hens, whilst they free ranged, was Rooty lying over the back of the sofa in the Summer room/orangery with his nose up against the glass and licking the windows at the hens
                  Told him not a cat in hell's chance
                  Last edited by VirginVegGrower; 04-11-2011, 08:15 PM.
                  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by polo View Post
                    Can't believe she missed that tasty morsel and walked past -
                    I bet the canny chook was saving it for later, having tucked it away safely, it just slipped cos it's slippery stuff!

Jules
                    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by angelat View Post
                      how do you make the garlic porridge?? x
                      Pour some boiling water over a mix of layers pellets and porridge oats and add a scant teaspoon of garlic powder or cush a clove of garlic. Leave to cool and expand. Simples!
                      PS Don't add too much garlic unless you want garlic flavoured eggs!
                      Last edited by Nicos; 05-11-2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X