Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incubation Question

Hi everyone,

I have a octagon 20DX autoturn incubator which is supposed to hold 24 hen eggs, however they must be very small eggs they used to measure this as I can only fit in 18 (at a push). The only solution I can see would be to incubate them on their end. Can you do this (rather than them on their side) and if so which end down (pointy)?
    Wife, mother, reader, writer, digger so much to do so little time to do it! Follow me on Twitter @digdigdigging

Elmo, decided after reading your question to have a look at ebay to see how much incubators cost. One person selling eggs for incubation says to 'put them on their pointy end or side depending on your incubator' so from that I guess it is okay to put them on their point!
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

I got mine from homefarmfowls (a bargin £139 delivered) definately the best deal I found on ebay or otherwise.
      Wife, mother, reader, writer, digger so much to do so little time to do it! Follow me on Twitter @digdigdigging

Comment

Just looking into getting some hens for eggs at the moment - the exploring ebay just came about in the sudden urge to find out more about incubators! My brain works in a mysterious way after a four-hour drive in howling wind and sleet and I use strange methods to convince it I have finished driving!
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X