No announcement yet.

Am I odd?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thank my girls too, I also always wish them "night night girlies" when I tuck them up at night, much to the amusement of my neighbours!
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Hand up here for another chicken talker. In fact I talk to the cats and the fish too.

I always thank the girls for the eggs and praise them when I know whos laid what - and when I leave the run say ' don't forget to lay me some nice eggies today). Neighbours already know I am barmy...

I have also taken to picking them up and telling them off for bullying my poor new girls. They bok bok back at me so am sure they understand, they just choose to ignore me!

Comment

I talk to my Cat, the Horses at the stables, my Chickens and Geese, my various Customers' Cat, Dogs, Horses and Chickens, too. It's normal, innit?

My Mother calls me 'The mad Chicken Woman' which, personally, I think is a bit of a cheek, at least I don't walk round all day having a conversation with myself, like she does!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

This morning when I opened the run door, Victoria Plum my Japanese bantam rushed past me and headed for a tree on our boundary, flew up lickedy split and looking slightly embarassed to be observed flew down into the ivy growing over our boundary wall.
          I went round next door as their ground level is higher and removed the 5 eggs she has laid in a beautifully hidden nest. I felt really guily, but she doesn't know her eggs aren't fertile and on past form after a few more eggs she would have tried to sit.

Comment

Yup, add me to the 'talks to everything brigade'.
            Sid (gander) honks back at me, and the chooks chunter away having a real conversation.
            Mad, maybe..but its fun
            Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Thought it was just me, always thank the girls for their lovely eggs, talk to the cat and whoever will listen really!!
              Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

We are the normal ones! I have always talked to the animals Mrs Doolittle me, and they talk back, my husbands says I'm mad, I even have a Robin in the tree and we answer each other as he sings his head off in the tree above my stable.
                When my horse was really ill over the New Year ( don't go there ) I laid with him all New Years night and talked to him which kept him calm stopped him rolling and probably saved his life, as he lay there groaning he kept looking at me with those big soleful eyes saying thankyou Mum!
                Our big black Leghorn cockerel talks to me and I tell him he's very handsome and he's lovely with me and attacks my husband so say no more!!
                Our little Shetland pony has been with us for 30 years!! and she knows every word I say she is an artful little minx and you can see in her eye when she's saying I know what you want but I'm acting dumb.
                My Mum sings constantly and it's so funny when she's cleaning out the hens as they chunter they sound like her backing group

Comment

Yep, I talk to chickens, from 'Morning Ladies', to 'night-night girls'. They mutter back, not sure if they are returning the same greeting.

I gave Mabel (Blue Marans) a very big thank you this morning as she had laid her first ever egg Not chocolate brown but dark toffee coloured, lovely - and big for a first egg - about as big as my Cream Legbars' eggs. She is huge though. I sometimes wonder if we got a jersey giant by mistake!

When my boy (Sam) was wee he invented his own strange language. eg, Dah for anything sweet, Aggie for anything with four legs, dash for liquids (from a wee to the sea), Mum for big (!) When he started constructing sentences this way I got a tad worried, but he converted to English when he went to nursery and found no-one there could speak Sam-lish.

Comment

Originally posted by Gro-Bag View Post
                    When my boy (Sam) was wee he invented his own strange language. eg, Dah for anything sweet, Aggie for anything with four legs.
                    Hmmm. I'm told I called all four legged creatures Attie. I assume because my Gran had a dog called Lassie and that was the closest my infant tongue could get. They were all sub-divided though. A cat was a Putty Attie (pussy?) the milkman's horse (it WAS the Olden Days!) was a Gee-gee Attie. You get the picture. Kids have their own ways of making themselves understood. I love Chris's little lass with her 'gicken' and 'gegg'!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

well, if you are mad, then i am nuts. I have special songs for the labrador.

Comment

we must be all mad as i tell mine "morning girls" as i go out to them ,they make a real racket for a couple of minutes,then just burble and bok bok as i do the daily clean,the brave ones will potter about my feet or even climb into the coop to watch what im doing,and thinking about it,im talking to them the whole time,as my granny used to say "theyre not all locked up",she had chooks and chatted away to them for years, i do find it quite relaxing....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X