Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complaint and card left from Environmental Health!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am sure it will be ok. just be friendly and honest with him; probably 90% of his call outs are from malicious troublemakers, and he will just be relieved that you are doing things correctly. i think i would let all of your nieghbors know that you are no longer giving out free-bees, at least until this is resolved; i am sure you will then soon learn who the rotton sod was that complained. if his visit goes well, i suggest getting some climbers, and shrubs, to 'pretty up' the outside of the run. ps i definately sympathize with you ie bbqs, music, and screeching kids. start keeping a diary, in case you need a bargaining tool in the future.

Comment

re kids, dogs, drunken BBQ's - are you sure you don't live in my road? And yes, I've had a visit from Environmental Health as well. My neighbour complained to them about my hens because she found one mouse in her garage!

Comment

Originally posted by jessmorris View Post
        re kids, dogs, drunken BBQ's - are you sure you don't live in my road? And yes, I've had a visit from Environmental Health as well. My neighbour complained to them about my hens because she found one mouse in her garage!
        Lol, no I don't JessMorris. It's a joke isn't it! I'm a bit calmer now!
        Last edited by MrsC; 11-08-2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

My daughter had exactly the same thing happen to her last year (or was it the year before?) just a few days after she'd rescued a new batch of ex-batts. The EHO was horrified at the state they'd been allowed to get in during their stay in the battery farm. Becci gave her loads of leaflets and information about ex-batts and when she re-visited again a month later (not part of the job, just interested) she was amazed at how well they were recovering
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Ah well, he's been and gone. No problens, he was more than happy! No recommendations etc etc. We had a chat about his zoo keeping days actually and he told me about some place round Shropshire where they sell rare breeds!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
              Ah well, he's been and gone. No problens, he was more than happy! No recommendations etc etc. We had a chat about his zoo keeping days actually and he told me about some place round Shropshire where they sell rare breeds!
              Did you find out what the complainant actually reported you for (e.g. specifics re conditions)?

Comment

Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
                Did you find out what the complainant actually reported you for (e.g. specifics re conditions)?
                Flies and a smell apparently. The bloke said people tend to make a mountain out of a molehill! Maybe the next molehill that my concerned neighbour sees should involve them sticking their head in it!

Comment

My gosh, what an ordeal you have had today.

I've only just caught up with the thread and by the time I got to the bottom I was almost as frantic as you were feeling. Neighbour's can be so cowardly, even those who regard as your closest of friend's.

I'm just glad it's all over for you.

I have to say that the amount of flies that have been around this year is pronominal. Even I thought it was down to the chooks until I went over to my neighbour's house at the other end of the street and they don't have chook's but just as many flies as I.
                  But I would deffo go with the no more free egg's, trust no-one.

Comment

this sort of thing drives me mad, you try to do things nice and have a little enjoyment in life and maybe have a few eggs to show for it and someone always comes along to spoil it...i don't mean the enviro guy, he's doing his job but the miserable neighbours, it's normally jealousy, things they can't have or are too stupid to keep alive themselves
                    we had the same whilst i was renovating my house, i work 7am -7pm mon-fri so nothing week days/nights then used to do some home refurb, nothing major, no jackhammers or the such at the weekend 8-2 and 1 neighbour moaned and moaned, not to me though, all nicey nicey to me but enviro, you'd think i was knocking the chuffing house down according to him

in the end these guys that visit live in the real world and know what's what but they HAVE to follow it up so donlt think they are singling you out
                    glad to hear everything is ok
                    buy your neighbiur a nice pair of egg cosies for Xmas

Comment

Originally posted by The Large One View Post
                      this sort of thing drives me mad, you try to do things nice and have a little enjoyment in life and maybe have a few eggs to show for it and someone always comes along to spoil it...i don't mean the enviro guy, he's doing his job but the miserable neighbours, it's normally jealousy, things they can't have or are too stupid to keep alive themselves
                      we had the same whilst i was renovating my house, i work 7am -7pm mon-fri so nothing week days/nights then used to do some home refurb, nothing major, no jackhammers or the such at the weekend 8-2 and 1 neighbour moaned and moaned, not to me though, all nicey nicey to me but enviro, you'd think i was knocking the chuffing house down according to him

in the end these guys that visit live in the real world and know what's what but they HAVE to follow it up so donlt think they are singling you out
                      glad to hear everything is ok
                      buy your neighbiur a nice pair of egg cosies for Xmas

LMAO, at the egg cosies! Thanks for that you've cheered me up!

Comment

Glad it's all sorted. Well done.
                        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

So glad it all came right for you Mrs C. Interestingly today someone came to ask me to take 3 hens for someone as a neighbour had complained as they were keeping 9 and were in a council house where they are only supposed to keep 6. They have to get rid within 7days!
                          The guy is coming back to see me tomorrow and I'm planning to have them if no one else has.
                          Neighbours - who'd have them!

Comment

Some people can be so petty. I'm glad it worked out well. These Environmental Health people are professionals - they must get this all the time.
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I no longer keep chooks but that was my own decision. But, to grass on a neighbour is despicable and I sincerely hope they are shamed by their actions. I do realise that living in close proximity to others we should try to minimize any irritation but when seagulls, badgers etc are protected my mind boggles.

Comment

Glad all turned out well in the end MrsC!
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X