X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    The other one is called AuVin...
    NeXt one has to be "Adoodaloo"
    Last edited by Bill HH; 16-01-2014, 06:59 PM.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
      I'm not going back down the Cockerel route. Too much hassle. Not going to hatch any more, either - it's so much easier to buy PoL if you have a good supplier.

Yeah, I know, you know me! Watch me eat my words in a year or so....
      *blushes* Sorry G4
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
        *blushes* Sorry G4
        Hahahahahaha! You weren't to know his hormone levels were about to EXXXXXPLOOOOODE!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• good news here...the youngster is now in the freezer....

BUT.....

Paxo has his harem crowding round him again!

He's looking much happier again.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ...and he's proudly sitting on the perch amongst 'his' gals tonight...brill!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• One of my four girls laid this teeny weeny egg this morning. Awww.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...5&d=1391791807
              Attached Files
              The best things in life are not things.

Comment

• That's known as a 'Wind Egg' Verinda.

Comment

• Well the rooster is going mental this morning trying to get his girls to behave, stay together, do as they are told. The 3 big newbies are trying to come out on top in the chook harem. Our littlest batty is giving everyone grief, and the two young chooks are trying to stay out of everyone's way. Think they'll all be too busy today to be laying eggs.
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Hi can you tell me how to post a new message please?

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• If you mean start a new thread GinaD - there's a Start a new thread button on the left hand side, on the Rule the Roost section. Then it comes up with the New Thread Name, and then the post.

Hope it's the same on the app.
                      Ali

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Comment

• Our little Japanese bantam Victoria Plum who has been roosting in a tree for the last couple of years was blown away during the stormy weather. We have neighbours behind us, a bungalow and a terrace of 3 bungalows with big gardens with hedges between them reached by a pan handle drive off our road. Behind them is another house on a pan handle drive from another road with an acre of garden.

The elderly owners all feed the birds and there are no dogs (apart from one that visits once a week with a gardener. She has been living in those gardens since she was blown away. The owners all feed the birds, so she has regular access to the droppings under the feeders. She is too canny to catch, so unlike last year when she lived down the road on a driveway I had access to and I fed her daily, this time I have left her to her own devices. I have had regular reports of her in all 4 gardens. This morning one of them came round and said she seems to have adopted him and "helps him" in his vegetable garden. I said he was welcome to adopt her and he seemed pleased. She is so little, she causes little damage. He says she looks very well and I am welcome to come round and visit any time. He has a dovecote, but no doves since a bird of prey picked them all off while he was away on holiday some years back, so is very pleased to have a bird friend.

Victoria Plum must be able to hear the rest of our chooks and apart from having to pick her way between the houses to get to us could come back if she wanted to. She was very settled roosting in a particular tree in our garden until the pub next door the other way took a chainsaw to it early one morning and removed half her cover and she had to move to a different tree which was not on a direct flight route for her.

Comment

• This is Victoria Plum in happier days in 2010 with her chick.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I was only wondering the other day, how she was faring over the winter. My chum has a 'feral' chook who refuses to go in with the rest at night, and she has slept in a conifer in the middle of the garden all winter. She's perfectly fine, which is surprising when you consider their garden is open to fields at the back (north) and there's very little shelter. Amazingly tough little things aren't they?

Comment

• Treated the chooks to a treadle feeder ,they are currently walking round & round it looking perplexed & being more interested in the brick I put on the footplate to hold it open,than the whole wheat grain that I filled the trough with
                              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• I was thinking of getting one of those BB. I did wonder if all my chooks would know what to do with it tho? And the little chooks might not weigh enough to use it for a while.

They're not cheap either.
                                Ali

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X