This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOtsalaughs at the christmas star!

Daughter went to lock the chooks up last night and one was missing. She was worried but couldn't do anything. This morning went out to get the chook food from the hayshed, and lo and behold spare chook was in MY GARDEN! And all in one piecce TG. They're all in the house tonight.

Funny thing tho, is one of the batties sits back to front to all the other chooks. And one is one the top or 2nd top step of the ladder. Not sure if it doesn't want to go to the top or someone is stopping it. There's plenty of room, but who knows
    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
      LOtsalaughs at the christmas star!

Daughter went to lock the chooks up last night and one was missing. She was worried but couldn't do anything. This morning went out to get the chook food from the hayshed, and lo and behold spare chook was in MY GARDEN! And all in one piecce TG. They're all in the house tonight.

Funny thing tho, is one of the batties sits back to front to all the other chooks. And one is one the top or 2nd top step of the ladder. Not sure if it doesn't want to go to the top or someone is stopping it. There's plenty of room, but who knows
      I had a warren disappear for a couple of days - no Idea where she went, buy unheard a really odd screeching early morning - two days after she went and she was by the door, starving, but completely dry (it was hammering it down too, for both nights). Bizarre. Anyway, normally nkt that keen on being handled but will put up with it she just looked up at me and stood there as if to say come on the take me in and feed me.

Funny things.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

• Sounds like she'd been shut in a neighbour's shed or garage, Chris. Poor little thing!
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Shouldn't have been such a nosey bugger then

May have to clip her wing again :/

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

• I thought you might like to see my hens Christmas star! haha! They love it!!
            Attached Files
            The best things in life are not things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verinda View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]41283[/ATTACH]

I thought you might like to see my hens Christmas star! haha! They love it!!
              Hope they have learnt some Xmas carols to sing underneath their star!
              DottyR

Comment

• Yes indeed, they are carolling away every evening, God Rest You Merry Chick-ick-ens and Jingle Eggs, Jingle eggs, jingle all the way...! Haha!

Comment

• LOL just remarked to daughter - These people are as weird as me
                  Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Verinda View Post
                    Yes indeed, they are carolling away every evening, God Rest You Merry Chick-ick-ens and Jingle Eggs, Jingle eggs, jingle all the way...! Haha!
                    Away in a nest box

While viners watch their flocks by night

Ding dong merrily on perch

I'm done
                    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Oh and.

In the beak midwinter

Silent mite

Now I'm done.
                      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Good nest ye merry gentle naines...
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ...Little banty.....

Comment

• Hark the Herald Cockerel sings........

Comment

• What about...

The henny and the ivy

And...

Frosty the Chicken!!!

Comment

• An egg in a Manger...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X