Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am amazed at the difference between my little girls to the oldies. The 6 oldies, 2 at 2 and 1/2 and 4 at 1 and 1/2 were all POL when we got them and the 2 little ones 22 weeks (ish) we got at 10 days old. Little Chilli and Pepper are soooo much tamer they run up to me and stand on my feet! They even let little munch pick them up! They others although most of them quite friendly they wont let you pick them up with out a chase! (please note.... I do not chase my chickens around my garden for fun!).

G4 at the risk of making at T*t out of myself..... here goes anyway! Asbo is a boy right? is he mixed with your girls? Surely that means you cant eat the eggs????

Shall I get my coat?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Munch; 12-12-2010, 12:09 PM.
    Little ol' me

Has just bagged a Lottie!
    Oh and the chickens are taking over my garden!
    FIL and MIL - http://vegblogs.co.uk/chubbly/

Comment

Aww,,,little munch looks utterly delighted!!!...what a lovely piccie

...and yup- fertile eggs are fine to eat. You just need to make sure they are collected every day so they don't tempt the gals to go broody!
      They taste exactly the same.

I have 2 adult cockerels running with 8 layers and a teenage lad and lass...they've sorted out the pecking order just fine! ( teenage lad is for the freezer soon though)
      Last edited by Nicos; 12-12-2010, 01:13 PM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Aww,,,little munch looks utterly delighted!!!...what a lovely piccie

...and yup- fertile eggs are fine to eat. You just need to make sure they are collected every day so they don't tempt the gals to go broody!
        They taste exactly the same.

I have 2 adult cockerels running with 8 layers and a teenage lad and lass...they've sorted out the pecking order just fine! ( teenage lad is for the freezer soon though)
        Well I learn something new everyday here in this wonderful place, thanks nicos
        Little ol' me

Comment

Yer, get ya coat!

Asbo is Valentino really, but he has an attitude problem. However, he is huge and beautiful, and the Ladies love him. So, he stays. (That and the fact I had to promise not to eat him when I got him!)

Nice piccie of Munch by the way - but she looks like trouble with a capital T!
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Well, a friend showed me how to skin a cockerel today - so, so much easier than the plucking palaver!! 3 big cockerels done. 2 light sussex and one crested legbar cross orpington - meaty big birds!

Comment

Dinner round your house then Petal!
              Last edited by Glutton4...; 12-12-2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

I just went out to 'post' my 'babies' through the pop-hole for the second night, and...

Yup, they had all gone to bed with the biggies, and no assistance from me. They were most put out that I went into the coop to look too! Bless!

Comment

I just went to shut the pop-hole on mine (I have to go in the shed to do so) and found the newbies snuggled in the middle of the oldies
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

Aaaaaah! Mine are still separate, but in the same place. They'll soon settle, they always do!

Comment

• ...why are people so unreliable? someone was coming for two young Pekin pullets for 'his wife's birthday', and never showed up, or rang to say he wasn't coming..grrr. ..on a lighter note, two of my bantams are laying (quite big eggs too)! and I found Audrey, the white Modern english game, fussily trying to tuck the porcelain dummy egg under her breast in the nestbox this afternoon! Don't they know its the middle of WINTER!!!!
                      ;-)
                      JM

Comment

• Originally posted by jessmorris View Post
                        ...Don't they know its the middle of WINTER!!!!
                        ;-)
                        JM
                        Not according to my 'oven-ready' moulters!

Comment

• yes-mine have just finished moulting (again!) - what on earth's going on?!

Comment

yes-mine have just finished moulting (again!) - what on earth's going on?!
                            It's Ormoans Jess!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
                              Just never leave one bird waiting on its own at the end, it's very stressful for them. Always make sure he has a pal with him.
                              Awww I have just read this and felt so sad..... I will never Richmondhens I promise!
                              Little ol' me

Comment

...why are people so unreliable? someone was coming for two young Pekin pullets for 'his wife's birthday', and never showed up, or rang to say he wasn't coming..grrr. ..
                                Oh I get this a lot - which is why i rarely agree to reserve anything!!!It makes you worried, as they have your details and they could be thieves instead...
                                Last edited by Nicos; 01-01-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X