Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way hay congratulations OWG if you had posted a pic it would have been the second VW egg I seen today

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
      Way hay congratulations OWG if you had posted a pic it would have been the second VW egg I seen today
      Nutter!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
        Nutter!
        That would be me (bet it made you smile )
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by OverWyreGrower View Post
          One of my bladdy Vorwerks has actually laid an egg!!!!!

3 of them are over 1 year old, and 2 are about 30wks, and I've never had an egg (off the older ones). Lo and behold, there is a white egg in one of the nestboxes! I don't have any other breeds that lay white ones, so it's got to be one of the infamous VW's!
          No wonder they're rare!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
            No wonder they're rare!!
            Yep, I know! I'd quite like to hatch some this year, so they'd better buck their ideas up!

Comment

• I know someone that keeps Vorwerks LF. Don't know if he has hatching eggs, but he ceratinly shows. he's south of me I think so maybe not too far from you OWG.....

Comment

• Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
                My turkeys arrived on Sunday. Very majestic and gentle. They have to be confined to a small area until they are used to where they are living then I shall let them out to free range in the field. The hen is not laying yet but apparently goes broody really quickly so I intend to let her sit on some of her eggs and see what happens.
                I lurve turkeys. You are lucky to have the room. The rest of us can only dream.......

Comment

• Originally posted by jessmorris View Post
                  I know someone that keeps Vorwerks LF. Don't know if he has hatching eggs, but he ceratinly shows. he's south of me I think so maybe not too far from you OWG.....
                  SSShhhhh! Don't tempt me! We've got a really nice Vorwerk boy this year, who I'm hoping is lovely and fertile... it's just getting the flippin' girls to lay the eggs...

They were hanging round the nest boxes earlier....

Comment

• Darn...my best layer ( the 1yr old which laid the 103g egg) appears to have a small prolapse ( not surprising after that egg!)

After popping it in for her, it's out again within 24hrs.

Is it likely to stay the same size if she lays 'normal' sized eggs?

Am I supposed to pop it back in nightly for ever- or just leave her to it?
                    It doesn't seem to show signs of drying out - yet.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• well, you could try to pop haemmoroid cream on it to reduce swelling but sorry to say the prognosis for prolapse is not great and she will end up in great pain, if you can imagine...eek

Comment

• Hmm...how much of a prolapse is 'acceptable'?
                        ( ie- when does it become painful)

It's about the size of my thumbnail at the moment
                        Last edited by Nicos; 17-03-2012, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• As Petal says once the muscles have been weakened then the likelihood of it happening again is much higher. See how she goes for the time being but keep a lookout for any pecking from the others. Once they spy "something" they will peck and peck until the death - gruesome little creatures!

Comment

• how are those turkeys of yours RH? they are such funny things to watch- our stag keeps displaying to the apple tree as the hen is still ignoring him.

Comment

• Originally posted by petal View Post
                              - our stag keeps displaying to the apple tree as the hen is still ignoring him.
                              Ha ha!!!!...you sure he's not a peacock???? (*memories of Albert Peacock flirting with the cat,hens,geese)

Comment

• Well all three stags display to me. Like your hen, mine's not interested in them yet as she's not laying, she's more interested in the grass. They look lovely though. I love they way they seem to do everything in slow motion, just drifting about like galleons on the sea. They currently have a small sectioned off area of paddock abutting the shed I've put them in. Once I'm confident they know how to find their way back I'll let them loose. Just hope they don't end up camping on the back doorstep like my loose chickens do, the poos are massive!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X