Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They look lovely Mrsbusy, how about Alice, Adelaide or Matilda?
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• ooh defo Matilda - thanks Nannysally

Comment

• Sue?
        .....Crocodile Dundee's girlfriend?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Dame Edna?

Comment

• What was Dame Edna's side kick called - little tiny lady....?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrsbusy View Post
              What was Dame Edna's side kick called - little tiny lady....?
              Dame Edna Everage's bridesmaid Madge Allsop has died - Mirror Online
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• RIP Madge ! But not a recent RIP! I did not know she was meant to a New Zealander or that she was born in Devon. Maybe Madge is not Aussie enough!!

Comment

• I like Alice (Springs)

Comment

• 5 eggs from Cissie this week...one a day!
                    Looks like it's going to be regular now!
                    Just wish one of the others would start laying.....

Comment

• Hi chicken lovers. I have my 4 new girls safely installed - having only ever had brown hens these are quite a novelty to me and mrbusy.
                      So far so good - and the integration has gone ok. In fact - I had the new girls netted off into their own bit of garden - but they were pretty determined to get out into the main garden and was not long before they were in with the others and basically they ignored each other. There was a bit of a tussle when the new girls were enjoying the dust bath which the ex batts use - the ex batts took the opportunity to pull a few feathers but the Australorps just ignored them! Too busy enjoying the dust!
                      I think having 4 new girls who are slightly bigger than the 3 ex batts helped. And they stick together like they are joined together - defo safety in numbers - if one gets separated from the others there is panic until she is back with her sisters. Also each have their own hen house and run adjacent to each other and they all went into the correct house at night.
                      The new girls are much more interested in eating anything green - don't think they have been free ranging at all - I left a pot of Daubentons Kale outside the back door - it now has no leaves!!
                      No eggs yet but they are only 17 weeks old - we got a soft shell one so hope they will get going soon as the ex-batts are on strike.
                      The man who let me have these Australorps also has Swedish Flower hens - I'd never heard of them but worth a Google - very pretty.
                      On the subject of hen houses - think I am going to make a hen house from a pent shed sort of 7x4 - so I don't have to get on hands and knees to get into the run - I am not going to get any younger!!
                      Right all for now - I am going to try and download a photo on my mobile to the computer so I can post it...normally get mrbusy to do that but he's busy! Love your hens.

Comment

• Australorps

Settling in day 1.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Lovely!!!

Comment

• They look lovely, mrsbusy
                            Are you letting your chooks out to roam the garden or are they separate from wild birds?
                            Mine are anxious to come out onto grass but I won't let them until the restrictions are lifted. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ons_91937.html

Comment

• Thought I'd share these with you....Cissie's first eggs....and they will get bigger and darker!
                              Don't you just love that big freckle/beauty spot on one of them?

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1514786

Comment

• Found 14 eggs in a nestbox I thought the chooks has stopped using today. They are half way betwen full size eggs and bantam eggs so I can only imagine it must be the chooks that I hatched which are LF/bantam crosses
                                I'll have to do the float test in water because i have no idea how old they are. Now i know they are using this nest box I'll also have to add a bit of straw as the eggs were manky!

The cockerels i hatched are crowing so it probably is the younguns laying!
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X