Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations. Lovely photos too
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Jules (and anyone else who is interested) the headspot thing shows up in chicks with barred colouring. eg plymouth rocks , barred wyandottes etc. The chicks are all black, but the boys have a white spot on the top of their heads, whereas the girls are totaly black, no white at all.
      I know it applies to cream legbars, although the boys are brown/gold they do have a headspot. I'm assuming it would work with at least some of the other breeds with 'bar' in their name as the bar bit is short for barred, all these breeds originated with barred on (I think) the male side of their ancestory.
      As for the genetics behind it...as far as I can see chicken genetics must be closer related to dinosaurs than anything else on the planet..its too complicated.
      Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Sorry for digressing Gro-bag
        Forgot say what lovely little uns you've got
        Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

What little bobby-dazzlers!! (as my grandad would say...)

Comment

So cute. Keep us posted as they grow.
            Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X