No announcement yet.

Dozen Eggs No More

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well whatever the EU says, I'm not weighing my eggs and they WILL be sold in 6s....
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I think the idea is to kill off our un-metricated market traders, who got round the ban on selling at so much a pound by selling at so much a bowlful. I buy fruit and veg by 'the bowl' quite often. I can see what I am getting, and I know what it will cost me. I don't WANT to know how much a kilo it comes to, or even how many kilos it holds, I just want to pay what I consider a fair price for the goods in front of me!
      What next, will cloth be sold according to weight, instead of length?
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

i hope you all start weighing your eggs - it could soon be law!

EU to ban selling eggs by dozen - Telegraph
        My Blog
        http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
          Well whatever the EU says, I'm not weighing my eggs and they WILL be sold in 6s....
          I'll second that notion!

Comment

I expect once the French farmers get wind of the proposal then it will get knocked on its head. Its a very silly idea.

For us 'farm gate' sellers it won't really be a huge hassle anyway. Put box on scales, press zero, add 6 eggs, write weight on box, sell as usual. Everyone will still get 6 eggs, noone will care about the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by squibbs View Post
              I expect once the French farmers get wind of the proposal then it will get knocked on its head. Its a very silly idea.

For us 'farm gate' sellers it won't really be a huge hassle anyway. Put box on scales, press zero, add 6 eggs, write weight on box, sell as usual. Everyone will still get 6 eggs, noone will care about the weight.
              Unfortunately if it does happen then it really will be a huge hassle. There'll be the Weights & Measures department on our backs making us have our scales properly calibrated so we're not diddling ourselves or our customers. I'm sure there'll be a way round it though, I'm thinking of selling my eggs "by the each" at a set price and let the customer choose their own

Flippin' bureaucracy!
              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by squibbs View Post

The French (Germans, Italians & every other European) will just ignore it. It will only be the doormat UK that actually do it. I swear the EU make these things up to see what preposterous things they can get us to do. Someone, somewhere, will be running a book on it!

Jules

Later added:

I've just found this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...h-Britain.html
                Last edited by julesapple; 30-06-2010, 08:37 AM.
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

I think by the 'each' will be considered illegal if it's not weighed, like jules says all other EU countries will ignore it like most EU laws and it'll be our 'jobsworths' in this country that will lay the law down to the nth degree... Look at Elf & Safety for eggsample...
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I think as long as the total weight is written on the box (and I suspect you could legitimately state 'including box') then nothing else will matter. That's if it actually goes through, which will take at least a year according to the article. (must ask the lady on the market what she thinks of this, and the veg stall which sells assorted friut and veg at £ a bowl.....)
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X