Pictures of Water Trough for Maureen

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of Water Trough for Maureen

Mo - Pictures of the water trough with float valve i was trying to explain!

the float valve is the same as you would have in the toilet cistern - must be high pressure if connected to mains, low pressure if connected to a header tank - and threaded through the planting trough. then an adapter is fitted to the end so you can clip on a hose pipe. Leave the tap on and it tops up automatically as they drink.

I have placed this trough in a wooden frame so i can tip it out for cleaning, or you can just screw it to a wall, but it will make cleaning harder.

if aesthetics are required, then please feel free to use proper brackets etc that you would if it was full of plants! we dont go in for aesthetics here, just things that work!
    Attached Files
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

That's a fantastic idea, and so simple. Now to get the outside tap next to the Chook run fixed!

Sorry, I know it was for Auntie Mo, but I'm nosey!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Wow thanks Mike/Jennie Discount day at B&Q tomorrow for me so I think I'll be taking a trip there
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Looks a bit like the one I made up last weekend - though I used some MDPE pipe - its saved a lot of lugging water about now the chickens have worked out what its for.

If you have one close enough look at either toolstation or screwfix as their prices are a lot better than B&Q and Homebase even on their 15% off days.

Comment

i got most of my fixings from the local farmers stores as they are very cheap. however, if you are only going there for these bits what you spend in fuel you will lose on the savings.

you will be looking at about £7-8 for the valve, around £1 for the ball float and the trough you can pick up from wilkinsons or poundstretcher. The hose adapters i have lying around anyways but i think they do them in £1 shops etc

the trick is making the hole without cracking the plastic. i ended up heating an old knife up on the stove and melting the hole. saved all that cracking and drilling nonsense
          My Blog
          http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Sorry, I know it was for Auntie Mo, but I'm nosey!
            I'm nosey too G4, and I dont care so there Thats a great idea, and what's more wont tax my diy skills too far Oh to not have to refill drinkers every day.
            Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X