Henhouse on ebay

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henhouse on ebay

could someone have a look at this house on ebay and advise, I am going to get 4 hybred chickens when they arrive they will 5 to 10 weeks old.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHICKEN-COOP-HEN-HOUSE-POULTRY-ARK-HOME-NEST-BOX-COUP-L-/150439938353?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item2306eb4931"]

or the item number is 150439938353 8 to 12 chicken house with red box around item advertised

thanks

marion
    Last edited by kittykat8; 04-05-2010, 03:27 AM.

Can you post the hhtp address again- I can't acces the link!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I had a look by using the item number in the search. It'd be ok for short term use for a few birds, but it'll be a red mite paradise with all those nooks and crannnies! I started with a similar one 2 years ago and quite honestly, it's had it now. Just be aware before you buy it that it'll need quite a lot of maintenance

I also noticed that it's not a "Buy it now" so be prepared to pay a heck of a lot more than the starting price, someone will put in a high bid in the last few seconds to boost the final selling price up. Sorry if I'm sounding cynical but I've had it done to me more than once
      Last edited by MaureenHall; 04-05-2010, 05:55 AM.
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

my initial comments are as Maureen above - bt my main concern is how low it is to the ground. It looks barely 4" off which is just the right height for a rat to live under. I would prefer to raise the house further off the ground to avoid Reggie.

We have houses here either raised or on the floor and the ones on the floor have the most interest to the rats.
        My Blog
        http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Hahaha

Now I like it, looks easy to access and as easy as any other to clean.

As for mite it doesn't matter what you use the little blighters are a pain, you need to clean properly and spray for mite and treat the coop with creocote inside and out! even then you will still have mites - just not so may as to cause problems!

As for Mikes height from the ground issue - it does need to be higher but you can always raise it up on a brick under each foot - if the birck is sturdy then the house still will be!
          Last edited by Bramble-Poultry; 04-05-2010, 08:50 AM.
          My Blog

Comment

Jenny and Mike! wish you'd both have your own handles! confusing as heck sometimes

My concerns with the one's bought off ebay is they don't seem to last too long(although this could be in large down to how some people look after them and some down to the quality)

Whatever you decide, all the best and welcome to chookaholics anonymous!
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Hey come one RT - its not consfusing at all, Mike is nice and kind and diplomatic and me well i'm a bitch
              My Blog

Comment

The roosting perches are lower than the nest-boxes, so the birds will sleep in the nest-boxes, and you will get sh*tty eggs.

Unless you treat it well with Creocote, it will not last more than a couple of years.

They are very lightweight and flimsy - made with very cheap timber.

I do not think there is adequate ventilation in that particular model, although you could drill extra holes near the top of the walls.

It's very similar to the one I paid £120 for when I first started 18 months ago. Personally, now I have one, I wouldn't give more than £50 for it!

Sorry! Good luck with your search.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
                  Hey come one RT - its not consfusing at all, Mike is nice and kind and diplomatic and me well i'm a bitch
                  And here I thought it was the other way round Sorry KK for hijacking your thread.

Seriously though, Mike's posted some nice designs, or do a search on here for converted sheds, there's loads of inspiration to be had. There's loads of inspiration to be had. They don't really need to be pretty, just functional. (Although there's been some right nice ones built by people on here)

I hate seeing someone ripped off by over priced chicken houses.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

The other option I have, is to have the chicken coup ledft on another plot it needs some some work doing on it and a real good clean out as the previous owner moved her chickens into a ark and left it a state. Someone at the allotment reeckens it can be fixed and cleaned up. At home I have a shed which I can have in the next year just waiting for my husband to get round to doing his work shop.

Thanks

marion

Comment

Perhaps fix the other one up to last the year until the shed becomes available?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X