No announcement yet.

Chicken with a bleeding bum

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not clear from the posts, but can you actually see the injury?
    Could it be a feather 'in the blood' (ie just growing after the previous one on that spot was shed) been pulled out? That would bleed quite a lot, and it wouldn't be very strange for just one or 2 to have feathers at the right stage for it to happen. Most other small wounds (where there are feathers) don't bleed very fast, they tend to just ooze...

PS, a weasel can get down a mousehole, easily, and reputedly can go through a hole the size of a wedding ring, but a stoat is a bit bigger.
    Last edited by Hilary B; 09-04-2010, 03:13 PM.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

To be honest Hilary that does look like it could be it, one of the two girls was pulling at her own feathers in that area, then licked her beak to get the dried blood off.

I gave Chookingham a good clear out today with new woodchip floor and dowsed as usual with RM powder and I covered the woodchip in louse powder - they dust bathe in it so delouse themselves.
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X