No announcement yet.

wasting food, how can I stop it

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks RH. I think I get the idea. My girls share a couple of old plastic sweet containers for their food, it doesnt cost me anything and they dont, at the moment, spread it around.
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

The Phallic looking spring bit fastens on to the bottom of the hopper and they 'peck' it to release food. There is another type which just looks like a tin can with holes punched into it and fastened to the bottom of feeder, which does the same job
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

thats the fella snadge - a spring feeder. dont bother getting them from the farmers store mind you, they cost around a tenner, go to a game fair or game rearer and you can pick them up for a couple of quid!
        My Blog
        http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Thanks Snadger. A full and through explanation, complete with photos.
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I fancy making something like this for my new chook coop and covered run!
            Attached Files
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              I fancy making something like this for my new chook coop and covered run!
              that looks the biz, thanks for all the ideas, at the moment I have moved all their food to small galley cups clipped onto the coop side and have the larger pellet metal container on a brease block and just one of the 2kg food ones down

The only thing is that the cups are empty by the end of the day and although there is no waste, I'm worried i'm not putting enough down

but then if they were hungry they would eat from the metal one!! which always has food left

Comment

I built a treadle feeder from a few pieces of folded aluminum. Works great
                All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post

The Phallic looking spring bit fastens on to the bottom of the hopper and they 'peck' it to release food. There is another type which just looks like a tin can with holes punched into it and fastened to the bottom of feeder, which does the same job
                  They do them springs in the Ascot catalog. But only for pellets - not mash
                  All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                  For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X