No announcement yet.

lovely Sox! and my pony with rainbow!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lovely mare! it's amazing how tuned into music they are, that's a great story, what was the music she liked?

Comment

From memory (it was a long time ago!) it was quite a 'Cavalry' type piece of music, if that make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
        From memory (it was a long time ago!) it was quite a 'Cavalry' type piece of music, if that make sense.
        Organza, who is pretty lazy, enjoys a bit of reggea, this is because she only does 'chilled' 'getting chilled' and 'totally chilled' hope her offspring will take after Dad
        ah yes take a look at this link that I sent to my sis (seven ponies lives in Ireland!!)ring any bells?!!

Bad Horse

Comment

'I will not buck instead when asked to canter.'

Now that was Ebony!! But only if you didn't know her tricks. If you gave her a tickle with the whip to get her trot really swinging, then she'd go into canter beautifully when asked. But!! The uninitiated would let her slop along in trot and then try to use the whip to get her to canter, and in response she'd throw a mahoosive buck!!

Being the head of the herd, she would also try to take lumps out of the horse nextdoor when hacking out in pairs. She got a warning smack from me whenever I saw that look in her eye, whether I was riding her or the horse nextdoor!

I only rode her once a week, but we definately had a connection. She knew it was me and what I would and wouldn't tollerate from her, and subsequently we had a brilliant time together.

Comment

I think it quite fascinating how animals respond to music. Cows apparently are more relaxed and provide more milk if music is being played. Lovely photos by the way.

Comment

From the number of horsey mentions Ive come across on the vine I think we need a 'just horsing around' forum page
              Mr D, that is one seriously lovely boy..you'll have to keep us updated on him and Organza (love that name). I had to do things the other way round to you, Otto is so chilled he's nearly a penguin, Erryn does 'when I'm good I'm very very good.....' at nearly 17hh thats a lot of wicked.
              And hers is I will not buck when lorries go over the catseyes and they go kerdunk
              Yup another vote for 'I love dressage'
              Funnily enough if I leave the car outside the gate with the radio on both the horses and the chickens go and listen. Mine have all learned to like rock FM
              Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

thumbs up for a grapevine horsing around forum!! it could incoporate donkeys too of course, and after all us who are doing foals are 'growing our own'!! I thought that list was so funny, seems our mares are all real mares,I too have that limit thing with Organza,there's a big difference between a whopee buck and an i feel evil buck and she knows full well which one deserves a smack! the most hilarious are when we are out with faster horses, if she can't be in front it's mega tantrum time,i say hilarious but can be rather trying...love her though, whatever, she's such a character
                love the image of rock fm and the chooks and horses coming to listen!

Comment

Your horses look gorgeous Mrs D and Hilly. I am sooooo jealous!

Comment

Have to say I like the idea of 'just horsing around' - after all we do use the manure as gardeners!
                    ( bearing in mind that horses over here are also bred as a consumable item!!!)
                    I suppose it's a matter of how far from the original theme of the forum that the mods/admin are happy to expand. After all, there are a lot of peeps passionate about their dogs and cats, cars and bikes.
                    I suppose there could also be an argument for a 'hunting/fishing' section too
                    There is also an opening for a craft section too.

But as I said- it depends on how close to the GYO aspect 'them up there' want to keep the forum.

I suppose it's a bit of a reflection of the magazine and it's potential contents???
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X