candler recommendation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• candler recommendation

Could someone recommend a good candler for bantam eggs?
    thanks

if there not to dark a shell colour have you considered a toilet roll insert & a light bulb it has served me well but best done in a dark room

Comment

Hi

I've been a fan of high power LED torches for a while but they wouldn't penetrate the Araucuna eggs but he RCOM one did as it had a different type lens than torches - but it did cost £29

Comment

we tend to use an old candling lamp from Brinsea, gets through most shells but the bulbs are getting harder to find, so we are tempted to trade up for the Ovaview

OvaView and OvaScope egg candling pack from Brinsea Products Ltd
        My Blog
        http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

I bought a "Super Flash" egg tester off ebay. Was able to use easily and accurately even for a hatching novice.

Comment

i use an led tourch

Comment

I use a tin with a hole punched in it which I then sit over the light source. It works every time!

Comment

first hatch

Thanks Bramble, my oh came home with a ovaview for me last night, this is our first hatch, the kids are really excited.

one egg is clear, the rest have air pockets and black areas/blood vessels but not a lot of movement(10 days to go) should they be moving around?

Humidity, it fluctuates from around 30 to 50, its goes low i add some water to the little pot then raises to 50-55, i cant seem to stabilise the humidity

will this matter, i am using a Brinsea mini auto

I have just treated myself to a rcom 20 this regulates the humidity, so hopefully will stop me worrying about the humidity!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X