No announcement yet.

Neighbour's Rats

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tip that is my next portof call lets see I can blitz the blighters and then he will have to think of something else to moan about

Comment

the only probem i have found with eradibait is that being a milder "safe" poison, the rat needs to eat more of it over a longer period. it does work, but nesorex gold or slaymore work very quickly - one does does it, but the down side is that they are highly toxic to anything else that eats it too
      My Blog
      http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Leah - if you have kids and pets then poison is not the best bet - plus rats eat poison and then die... stuck down a hole in your garden or house.
        The best way to keep rats away (and get them to stay away) is with a sonic repellent , but if you are looking to get rid of the ones you already have then why not try traps, so you are able to remove the dead body without the chance of it decomposing somewhere unpleasant.
        Last edited by VictorPest; 18-06-2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leah View Post
          Hello,

sorry for crashing the post, but wondered if anyone had any advice re rats. I saw one in the greehouse and later discovered they had eaten all my seeds , this was about a month ago.

I filled in the hole they dug into the greenhouse.

I have since found a hole from next door under the fence, far too big for a mouse. I filled it with a stone last week and now they have tunneled at the side of it.

I have children and a rabbit. The thought of rats is horrible! Next door have rabbits too. I know they are coming from that side, but don't like the idea of telling them that

If I put poison in the hole, will they take it back to the nest? I put some in the greenhouse in a nescaf lid and the whole thing was gone and had moved to the other side of the greenhouse!!

Hate the bloody things! We often get mice in the house (old 30's house), they try every single year, and I swear there was a rat under the floor and then in the loft! It sounded too loud for a mouse. (In the cold snap) So I don't want to risk them coming in again.

Has anyone got any tips that wont involve them dying close and stinking the house out for months?

I'm looking to get chickens eventually, but can't even think of it if there is already a rat problem
          If they are comming in under the fence dig in wire mesh along there they tend to use the same run and are discouraged with obsticles. If you know someone with ferrets ask them for any urine soaked paper they have as this too will discourage rats If your rabbit hutch is by a wall move it away as rats tend to keep close to walls etc and if possible get some bait boxes down and keep the area free of ready sourses of food. Where there is one rat there are many more. You do say next door also have rabbits so your going to have to have a word just tell tem you saw a rat in the garden and have noticed a hole from one garden to the next so wanted to let them know just in case the rats are hiding under the hutches and steeling the rabbit food as both have rabbits both have a responsibility to sort the problem. It's no good you doing your bit if they got a foodbank next door is it?
          Last edited by mrgrower; 25-06-2013, 07:48 PM.
          Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
              This thread is more than 2 years old.
              As my good friend Hommer would say Dohh!
              Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X