Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please please tell me I'm hearing things!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you've not got neighbours with chooks have you?
    have you actually seem yours crow?

my young lads had those droopy feathers at the base of the tail quite early on too!!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by MrsC View Post
      Don't think he/she is a true Polsh, sorry to go on, but don't know why at 5/6months old there are no wattles etc? Is it wishful thinking?
      It was amazing how "fast" Fanny became a cockrel in the last couple of weeks I had him. He's obviously loving life with OWG from the photos she has posted.
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Same thing happened to me MrsC... previous owners had 1 cockeral and 4 hens for over a year and it was only when we took the hens that one of them decided he was really a he! Started crowing and treading within 2 days of being the only cockeral here with 6 hens.

Tis a b*gger indeed!

Comment

Not all breeds develop big wattles. Because he is crested he won't have a huge comb either. I'll try and get a pic on here of my two araucana crosses (cocks). Both from the same araucana hen but with different fathers. They are like chalk and cheese. One white with a crest and small comb and wattles, one black and uncrested with standard comb and wattles.

Comment

Its amazing what you learn on her. No crowing today, well I do leave before 8 and so probably missed some noise.

Comment

Still confused with this situation. Not heard no more 'cock a doodle doing!' I'm not convinced Dolly is who he makes out to be?

Comment

Could Dolly be a very very butch hen perchance?
                If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by Eco-Chic View Post
                  Could Dolly be a very very butch hen perchance?
                  Hi Eco-Chic, I hope so, 'cos this is driving me mad!!!

Comment

Looks like a boy to me too! I had 4 cockerels here, and it was only when the three dominant ones left that 'Bill', our remaining boy, started to crow. He crowed 32 times before 12 today!

He needs to go...so I'm looking for a home, PRONTO!
                    I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
                      Looks like a boy to me too! I had 4 cockerels here, and it was only when the three dominant ones left that 'Bill', our remaining boy, started to crow. He crowed 32 times before 12 today!

He needs to go...so I'm looking for a home, PRONTO!
                      I'm so sorry to hear about everyone else's problems. It seems it wasnt just me on Christmas Eve! Hope you all get sorted soon.
                      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X