Runny nose...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oi sue!

i remeber how to make ginger beer, infact i have some brewing in the corner, but trust me - with this particular ginger beer you wouldnt want to risk driving afterwards!

basically, boil up the water and bruised ginger root allow to cool to blood temp, mix in the sugar and drop in a touch of yeast. bottle in old 2 ltr pop bottles and leave for 24 hours. Past 36 hours and they could explode so keep checking the pressure and release as needed!
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

Does releasing the pressure involve tasting it?
      If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

if you are quick - i.e before it explodes and hits the ceiling!

seriously, you must use the old pop bottles as they are designed to withstand the pressure of injected co2. the bottles must have their caps gently opened at least once in a 36 hour period or there is a very real danger of explosion from the build up of c02.

however, you have never tasted such gorgeous ginger beer! when her ladyship wakes up in the morning i will ask her for the proper recipe with measurements for you all to save the guess work.

as for me, in between mucking out the pens (just for a change) i am making black pudding! got the blood and the skins so i am ready to make a horror film!
        My Blog
        http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

When you say old pop bottles, do you mean the old glass ones?

I lurve black pudding. I'll look after some for you if you don't have space for it all

I like white pudding too, btw
          If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
            oi sue!

i remeber how to make ginger beer, infact i have some brewing in the corner, but trust me - with this particular ginger beer you wouldnt want to risk driving afterwards!

basically, boil up the water and bruised ginger root allow to cool to blood temp, mix in the sugar and drop in a touch of yeast. bottle in old 2 ltr pop bottles and leave for 24 hours. Past 36 hours and they could explode so keep checking the pressure and release as needed!
            Naaaaaaaaaaa! The one I mean was made with a "ginger beer plant" which was like quatermass in the bottom of the jar! Couldn't get root ginger in those days Mike- it was post-war and still some rationing! Before the days of the Corona man doing door to door lemonade sales too! Enough blathering about the not-so-good old days!

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble-Poultry View Post
              sue - can you correct me if i am wrong, but ACV is actually different from culinary cider vinegar isnt it? i am sure somewhere i read that you shouldnt use cooking grade, but animal grade, hence the horsey shops??

or am i just going mad....... its a possibility y'know

M
              Aspall do ACV unpasturised I got it in Sainsbury.
              You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X