No announcement yet.

Dust bath

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's an old stone trough in the corner of the loose box, I stick a load of woodchip flakes and mix it with Get Rid (which is the same sort of thing as diatom I think). Sometimes there's a queue!
    Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

An old dustbin lid filled with wood ash placed under the house works well in winter. In summer they make their own.
      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

How do you keep the weather out.

My hens havent got anywhere at the moment, because it fills will water with all this rain

Comment

Originally posted by tlck9 View Post
          How do you keep the weather out.

My hens havent got anywhere at the moment, because it fills will water with all this rain
          When I do manage to get some dry soil/sand I'll be putting the bath inside the greenhouse - it's the driest place at the moment!
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

oh yeah, i have the girls sandpit if you want it, tis the one i adapted into the duck pond ..... it's about 3 foot diameter, purple and yellow and splits into 4 pieces .... have a look when u come for t'other stuff .... they can all get in at same time

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
              it's about 3 foot diameter, purple and yellow and splits into 4 pieces .... have a look when u come for t'other stuff .... they can all get in at same time
              Do you keep it dry or do let it cope with the elements.

When and if/when I get my extended run, then I plan to put in a covered area, and therefor have a sandpit, I salvaged a old fish tray from the beach, which will be ideal

Comment

i have the roof covered with tarpaulin ... although with hindsight the roof needs to be on a slant so it doesn't turn into a raised swimming pool

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X