Chicken/Chicken house piccies please!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Chickie View Post
    Birdie Wife, your chooks are beautiful, what breed are they? Do they have little black specks on the feathers or was that just the way the photo came out? They look so pleased with themselves in chook paradise. Wish my hen run looked that good, my chooks have a 20'x30' run and have managed to turn it to mud in a matter of months. Have to let them out in the garden to rest the ground when I'm not working but then they just go n eat my veggies, grr. Hope the ground will recover in the spring, till then its wellies.
    Have to admit this was taken in August when the ground was still quite grassy! They do range very freely though, I'm fortunate enough to live 1/2 mile off the main road so they wander over the hill wherever they like. They don't seem to like flying much, otherwise they could easily scale the 4' wall around the garden and munch on whatever takes their fancy. Well spotted, they do have a bit of speckling, I think they're probably a Light Sussex hybrid.

Snadger, I wouldn't worry too much about only having bark chip in the run, so long as they've got some material they can scratch around in they should be quite happy! Grass is good for providing some extra nutrients but you can feed them green leaves from kitchen waste instead and it'll be more or less the same thing. Lovely orangey-yellow yolks!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

You all so lucky.I've always wanted to keep a couple of hens,but not allowed on allotment and my postage stamp size garden no good!Loved looking at your pics and still like to read all about keeping hens even though very unlikely i'll ever be able to get any.

Comment

here's hoping
        Attached Files
        Yo an' Bob
        Walk lightly on the earth
        take only what you need
        give all you can
        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

yeah!
          hurrah for bob.
          Yo an' Bob
          Walk lightly on the earth
          take only what you need
          give all you can
          and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
            here's hoping
            Thanks for persevering yoanbob! Piccies look good!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
              here's hoping
              The first piccie - they look a bit small for Christmas dinner

The Last piccie - do you really sit in a deckchair looking at the chooks

Your as bad as me
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X