Grass in New Run

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grass in New Run

We've finished the new run!!! (only took three months ) it's far larger than the old one, which was only ever meant to be temporary, but because it's taken so long the grass in it is at least 2ft tall and covered in seeds, should I strim this down before moving the chooks in?
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

I would. Long grass is usualy implicated in impacted crop. Give it a mowing and let them sort it out from then on.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Yes I agree with Flum. Mow and rake off the cut grass. This will also expose all the yummy insects that have been hiding at the bottom which will delight your chooks!

Comment

Thank you, I'll do it tonight then move the house when they're in bed and let them into the new play-pen first thing tomorrow.

Comment

I once heard of someone moving his hen house from one side of a small field to the other. The next night the hens all went and huddled miserably where their house USED to be - instead of going to where they could see it easily! Funny old things aren't they?
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Fortunately they couldn't get to where the house used to be and although I let them straight out into the run I haven't let them out for a wander round the plot since it's been moved. Their main concern seemed to be 'I thought we'd got rid of all this green stuff, Sigh. Come on girls, looks like we've to start all over again'.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X