eye eye theyre all supposed to be rhodies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walldanzig View Post
    got 7 but I got a problem if anyone has any ideas then I would appreciate it two have hatched and have some kind of chord and sac attached they seem a bit week but are cheaping. I put them in the brooder as they dry out better. HELP what should I do
    I've got a feeling that is the result of the incubator temp being a bit 'off' (but can't remember whether high or low) so they hatch at not quite the right stage of development......

What to do depends on
    1) just how 'different' they are and
    2) just how much time and effort you are willing and able to devote to their early days.

Most chicken rearers will 'cull' chicks which do the splits when they try to stand, but when I got a few like that I refused to give up, and all but one recovered completely after 3 days in soft 'hobbles' (the other one made a sufficient recovery to grow, but always walked odd). This problem (if only slight) may be possible to overcome with appropriate TLC (not sure exactly what, observation and ingenuity may lead to inspiration), but if it looks severe, or if they show no improvement in 48 hours, there may only be one solution....
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X