No announcement yet.

Old yellowlegs is for the chop.........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd hide him ready prepared in the freezer and not tell your OH Bring him out later and say it was a bird on special offer at the supermarket (or Farmers Market)
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
      I'd hide him ready prepared in the freezer and not tell your OH Bring him out later and say it was a bird on special offer at the supermarket (or Farmers Market)
      As long as I chop his legs off!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

yep, no problem
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

la la la I'm not listening. Poor Yellowlegs!

Comment

It's an allotment, who's he gonna disturb, the earthworms. Tell grumps to buy ear plugs and have a salad instead, it's good for you :0)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuky cupcake View Post
              It's an allotment, who's he gonna disturb, the earthworms. Tell grumps to buy ear plugs and have a salad instead, it's good for you :0)
              Rules is rules I'm afraid Chuky! The allotments are next to a housing estate and my plot backs on to a retired policemans garden! I have at least another three cockerels from the same hatch so hopefully they will start crowing at different times so that I can stagger the barbies!

Thats a major problem with hatching your own eggs.............thats why I only hatch dual purpose birds!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Not much meat on him yet, I had 'Sunday' when he was 23 weeks and not a heck of a lot on him. LS do crow a lot when young but seem to grow out of it my Rhode Island Red 'Fluffy' is much louder and crows more often.

Comment

No barbie this weekend Snadger. I've requested some rain.

Comment

That looks very nice! I never got to eat mine coz they were all killed :-(

If you can't get him on the barbie due to rain, just butterfly him and stick him in the oven!
                    All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
                    For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X