Chuckingham Palace becomes Chuckingham Knox

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
    Thanks G4, but I think you're just a little too far away for me to come and get some eggs I'll pinch some from my daughter, she's away next week too
    I would've posted some! No probs, it'll keep my Mum occupied for the week LOL
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

wow auntie mo thats well posh

i've been working out today how to turn the current nest box into a baby coop by blocking it off .... think it may need 2 floors but have also figured out i could swap and change the runs over just by adding a door and blocking off the nest box from the other side, so hopefully not as big a job as building a whole new coop

Originally posted by pdblake View Post
      Oh, vinyl floor. I've got a bit spare somewhere. Good idea
      i've lined the whole of the bottom and up the walls of mine and sealed the corners with that stuff for round baths .... tis brill sweep out shove the hose in, and sweep out again

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
        I would've posted some! No probs, it'll keep my Mum occupied for the week LOL
        yummmmy all those pickled eggs

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
          yummmmy all those pickled eggs
          Go wash your mouth out! That's disgusting Lynda! Why would you want to spoil perfectly lovely golden yolked eggs by sticking them in vinegar?!?!? Euch!

Comment

That looks brilliant Auntie Mo, but....................

That wall is easily surmountable by a fox!

If the fox was able to open the nest boxes at night that means you could get a return visit through the DAY when the chooks were out! Or am I missing something here?
            I personally think the only way to keep Reynard at bay is to have a totally enclosed run, electric fence................or free range with a chook house in the tree tops!

Sorry to put a negative spin on things but after you've went to all that trouble it would be horrible for him/her to make a return visit!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Yes Snadger, you're right. The long term plan is to have the whole area covered with fox-proof weldmesh. However, at the moment it's not financially possible. (Perhaps I should apply for a government grant to do it? ) At the back of the fence is a railway and a service road, the railway's pretty busy during the day and nobody (so far) has seen the fox around there before 2am. The service road is also well used during the day and there's a big patch of grass that dog-walkers use. I know I was complacent before, and I'm trying hard not to be this time
              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

(Perhaps I should apply for a government grant to do it? )
                Nah you don't wanna do that! Just become an MP and they give it to ya... lol
                No need to apply for anything, just give the builder's invoice.

Comment

More changes

There's been 12 more changes to the coop today Here's what I've done
                  Attached Files

Comment

Speaking to ghosts at the moment Flum
                    Ahhh! Not for long though eh?

x Flum
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

No, I've already been bokbokchooking at them. There's 8 ex-battery and 4 Bluebelles all getting to know their new home before I let them out to explore a little bit tomorrow. Poor Basil will be beside himself - being able to see but not touch I hope little Hebe doesn't get a double dose of his "early morning attention" tomorrow

Comment

so glad to see Aunty Mo. {hugs}
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Oo, this is a lovely thread Maureen - super smart house (I am so impressed at your handiwork, you should take orders!), and then, ta-da, some gorgeous new hens to take up residence. After your rotten experience, you deserve much happiness with these lovely ladies. Enjoy
                          Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Well done Maureen, on your handiwork and congrats on your new girls. I hope they know how lucky they are to have you as their new mummy.

Comment

Aaaah! What lovely pics,beautiful girls. They'll be really happy in their posh new pad
                              Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

How absolutely lovely to see this, I'm so pleased for you Maureen. What a great start to the weekend, and a great start to a new life for your girls

Here's to their birthday, because that's what yesterday was
                                http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X