No announcement yet.

10,000 Norfolk ex-batts need a home

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that the Little Hen Rescue are just in Norfolk, it's the Battery Hen Welfare Trust that has collection points around the country. The nearest for us in the North West is Haslingden in Lancashire, and their next rescue/distribution will be in June according to the website.

Just checked the LHR website, and they'll be having a collection point at Sutton Bridge, near Spalding in Lincolnshire. But that's a long drive from up here!

Comment

I noticed someone on my local freecycle wanting chicken bits as she is trying to arrange a collection point in Ramsey (Nr Peterborough). I'll email her an find out some stuff if you like.
      I don't mind helping with the a train if anyone wants some this way.

Perhaps HayleyB might be able to help with getting some girl's further south of her, what do you think Hayley?

Comment

We also have collection points in: Surrey, Watford, Northants, Bedford, Peterborough/Cambridge, Essex, Swindon, Nottingham and Warwick - limited spaces available, please state area required when completing form..... from little hen

Comment

Right, well Nottingham is doable for me. Especially as my mad best mate is originally from there so she'll know the area and I know she'd take me AND she has a van!
          Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I can do P'bro and Cambridge area, or even Bedford. I'm pretty much in the middle of them all.

Comment

We now have a Sutton Bridge collection point! Limited amount of hens please contact Lyn on lincslittlehens@aol.com if you are interested in collection from Lincs. sorry missed this one

Comment

Just seen the local news - apparently since it was on telly last week they've been inundated with people wanting to adopt, and they've got homes for all of them

Woohooo!!!!
                http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

That's great news!

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
                    Humph, too far away to be realistic for us. Hope they are lucky and find homes for them.
                    Is getting up to the bridge too far to travel?

I'm collecting some birds and could travel back M4/M5 and could drop them off at the bridge
                    Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate

Comment

If anybody in the South West wants to register for birds, I'll happily bring them back for collection from Taunton.

LHR have asked that you mention my name when registering so they can increase the number of birds for me to collect. Might be an idea to let me know too so I know who all the birds belong to.
                      Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisB View Post
                        Is getting up to the bridge too far to travel?

I'm collecting some birds and could travel back M4/M5 and could drop them off at the bridge
                        Originally posted by ChrisB View Post
                        If anybody in the South West wants to register for birds, I'll happily bring them back for collection from Taunton.

LHR have asked that you mention my name when registering so they can increase the number of birds for me to collect. Might be an idea to let me know too so I know who all the birds belong to.
                        I would love to say I will have some. However, Madmax has been offered a job in Bristol which may mean we will have to move. Since we don't yet know if the hens will be able to move with us, it would be unfair to give a home to these poor ladies only to have to pass them along the line. Thanks for the super kind offer and if things change I will let you know.
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X