threes a crowd??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peebels View Post
    would really like to hatch my on but im having trouble convincing the wife, she is worried about the cat and what we would do with all the chicks etc? Im going to keep trying though
    i have 2 cats one wanted to play with them the other one was scared of em, i kept them in a kiddies playpen with a sheet over and locked the cats out of the room when i wasn't there ... they got used to them through the mesh and now the chooks are definitely in charge (they chase the cats if they annoy them) but mostly they ignore each other ... except when they go out the bottom of the garden and cleo panics and rounds them up :-)

Comment

I must admit that my cat used to sit watching the newly hatched chicks while she licked her lips! The chicks were in a converted vivarium so there was no chance of her getting to them. She treats them just the same as the big chooks now - totally ignores them
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

My cat will watch from a distance ( well- from under the garden table) and will walk past them- but never nearer than about 6 feet if he can help it....I think he got their message!!!

I have 2 cocks and 4 hens ( well 7 now) and yup- they did get a bit fed up with all the piggy backs- although when they'd really had enough the boys were soon chased away!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

thats good to know about the cats, i suspected they would be fine once they got to full size.

any advice on how to get round my beloved?
          "In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous." - Aristotle (B.C. 384–322)

Comment

Originally posted by Peebels View Post
            any advice on how to get round my beloved?
            ...Urmmm....

..just be nice to her- and make her feel spesh.......or guilty sometimes works

....actually...I've got the answer!!!!!!...let her think it's HER idea!!!!!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

If you've got youngsters, get them to do the pestering A friend of mine brought his 2 kids to see my chicks when they were still tiny, they got to stroke a chick and a hen and went home full of "I want a chicken!!" It worked, she gave in and let them build a coop and run under a tree house. She's as hooked on chooks as the rest of us now

Pester-power, that's what I was trying to think of
              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X