Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thirteen days in and I'm worried already!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoops, forgot - pickies!

Here are the eggs from Sunday and the breakfast today! Well done girls!
    Attached Files
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Crikey, this is better than a soap opera Flum! I've been out all weekend, so I missed all your drama, sorry. Glad to hear Amber has perked up though.

Comment

Congrats Flum!!So pleased that your girls are laying,very tasty no matter what size eh?My bantams are still all laying every day,eggs about the same size by the look of things but yours will get bigger

Comment

Na-na-na-nana See, I told you!
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

You did Maureen - I should have kept the faith!

Comment

If Amber has been unwell it will knock her back a couple of weeks or so but I'm sure she will lay you a lovely egg very soon.

I always put fresh garlic cloves in our girls drinking water it helps with the gut etc.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

I put a crushed garlic clove in every so often too Kim - they always have apple cider vinegar in each day as well. I suspect she had something caught in her crop, which was my first thought. She was head shaking on and off, and gave on or two sudden coughs. She (and the others!) has had some mashed potato with olive oil in it since then and all seems to be well. I'm being very careful with their greens though. I suspect a bit of long thread from cabbage stalk might have been the culprit. I've been taking greens off the stalk since then - over-anxious Mummy symdrome?

Comment

I'd be over anxious too, Flum. Is the apple cider vinegar just the bog-standard supermarket sort, or the cloudy 'special' stuff? I was told to use ACV and that any was OK, but then read that it had to be the cloudy, non-filtered type. I also read that they should just be given it for one week in four, but then read elsewhere that it should be added at a 2% dilution every day. Good thing I was given Coco and Elvis before I'd had too much time to worry about all this stuff or I'd never have taken the plunge.
                  Last edited by bluemoon; 21-04-2009, 10:41 AM.
                  Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I use the ACV from a horsey place and I'm folowing my poultry supplier's advice which is a capful in the 3/4s full bucket every day. It's much less than the strength that some people suggest but his chickens certainly looked well on it!

Comment

Just caught up with this thread, so glad to hear that Amber has picked up, AND you've had your first eggs! Ab Fab!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X