No announcement yet.

Don't count your chickens......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we just started an "idea"? Or a plan? It's sounding very much like a possibility here
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

We can all make our fortunes on ebay
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

I just want to cuddle a chook.. mine still don't like me yet!

Comment

Originally posted by sheena View Post
          You have to talk to them in there own language! Maureen has an 'ology' in chook language!
          I open my coop and say " Come on then.......who's first" It's usually one of the Faverolle cockerels that comes for a cuddle and he's gently placed in the run! They all come, usually in the same order one at a time and allow me to lift them and put them in the run for the day. At present I haven't got a pophole cut out as they are a bit young to put themselves to bed .....so I have to do it for them. They used to peck me but they are less flighty now they realise I'm not going to hurt them and I gently put them in the run with no commotion at all.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hey Snadge, I think HFW did his crosses with an IG cockerel and then found out that he should have used an Dorking hen over an IG cockerel. Personally, I'd say no need to get hung up on details!

(Sheena - don't worry too much that your chooks are still nervous of you - some are just made that way )

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie Wife View Post
              Hey Snadge, I think HFW did his crosses with an IG cockerel and then found out that he should have used an Dorking hen over an IG cockerel................
              Thanks BW!

I presume it was originally a Dorking cockerel with Indian game hen then? But should have been a Dorking hen and Indian game cockerel?

I think it DOES matter as one has a recessive and the other a dominant gene from what I've read?

So back to counting my chickens.............
              Last edited by Snadger; 19-04-2009, 07:46 PM.
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by sheena View Post
                try feeding them mealworms from your hand, they will soon love you

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                  Dunno.......I offered the missus mealworms and still didn't get a cuddle!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                    I tried that, but they almost had me hand off! They not exactly the kindest of bird when going for the worms.

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                    Dunno.......I offered the missus mealworms and still didn't get a cuddle!
                    Oh Snadger, you do make me laugh... I so badly wanted to say something about your over populated cockeral venture, but thought I best hold it back.
                    Don't wanna get banned from the forum just yet!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X