Storm coming, and worried.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm coming, and worried.

We got a storm heading our way, and i'm a little worried about the girl's.
    Will they be alright, or do you think I should bring them in?

Urmm..where are they??

If they can access their coop they'll go in themselves.
    If they are already in the coop they'll be fine! ..stop worrying!!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

They are all tucked up in bed, I just worry about them that is all.

My son just ran home from cadets, cos he didn't want to get caught in it... and I was in the bath. If the girl's are gonna be ok, I can get back in the bath and finish shaving the other leg.

Probably be up before them in the morning to make sure they ok.
      I see where the term mother hen comes from now.

Comment

A storm passed close to us last night, and only one of our three hens have layed today. Coincidence?

Mark
        http://rockinghamforestcider.moonfruit.com/
        http://rockinghamforestcider.blogspot.com/

Comment

According to Metcheck, your winds aren't going to be gusting at more than 9mph... the hens will be absolutely fine

Metcheck.com - Global Weather Forecasts - Weather Forecast for Huntingdon - [Updated on 15 April 2009 at 22:00] - Weather Feeds - Live Data - Long Range Weather Forecasts

Comment

It's not the winds that bother me, it's the thunder and lightning!

Comment

have read that if they are scared it will put off the egg production - but I think it's only a day. not sure what they are like with thunder and lightening - haven't experienced that one - but I've a terrible feeling I'd be as worried as you! heheheheh!

Comment

They should be fine!Sometimes loud,sudden noises can give them a little fright & they may go a couple of days not laying,but nothing worse!
                I was really worried on Bonfire night...and the many weeks that preceeded & followed...but they were all just fine!
                Go get that other leg shaved!
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

W had a couple of wicked storms over the last few years and my hens have been fine each time. A couple of funny shaped eggs for a day or two from some of them.
                  As mine are on the allotment, which is about half a mile away, it would have to be a real hurricane to get me down there in the dark and wet!!!
                  Kirsty b xx

Comment

I let my girls and the chicks out just after 6 this morning and we had an awful storm at 6.30. The big girls wandered down to the hedge where they shelter, the chicks squeaked a bit then sheltered under a lilac. They were all fine (a little damp!) and egg production today has been the usual 6. Mind you, they're only about 50 yards away from a railway line and the hoots from the trains used to bother them but they don't bat an eyelid now. I suppose they've just got used to sudden noises
                    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

As most you know, they were fine... for those who worreid as much as me, they were fine! lol
                      The awoke the normal time, and were straight to the food as normal when I opened the door. So all is good, and my nerves are back resting.

Comment

I had a similar worry last night, as we had a bit of a storm too, mainly lightning but not much thunder. Yes, mine were fine too . When we had high winds a couple of months ago they were also fine, even when their coop roof lifted and moved back six inches letting in the rain
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X