Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

source for a few (3-4) Sussex? I'm in Kent...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• source for a few (3-4) Sussex? I'm in Kent...

Hi,

Just getting our housing and run sorted - a 5ft ark, shelter underneath and a 9ft x 9ft run with access to 1 acre garden when we can supervise (Charlie Brown lurks...).

We're after probably 4 Sussex (white / light) as I've heard they have a good temperament and are a decent all round bird, and I want to keep an "indigenous" bird that is also a local breed.

Anyway, I have a farmer / shepherd friend who may be able to help, but if I can't get hold of him, can anyone recommend a good source for these birds?

I would obviously prefer local - I am in Sissinghurst (TN17), Kent - and previous bird welfare / health is v important.

Any advice welcome.

Thank you,

Nick

Could try index they are just down the road from you there is one in cranbrook but cant remember the name .
    Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

You could try this site too Bird / Accessories For Sale and Wanted in Kent on Bird Trader UK
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

No idea where you can get them in your area....but nice choice of birds!
        I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have just sold my last 6 POL light sussex, unfortunately I am not hatching anymore for a while. You could try my friend west sussex country hens she maybe able to help with sourcing some.

Comment

Ok i remembered it you could try "+ititle+" My ex neighbour get hers there they are alot cheaper then the place i get my eggs ( 1st link )
            Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X