No announcement yet.

Do you bury yours?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I would NOT do is bury chooks under the hen run. It HAS to be a potential source of illness for the live ones above.... (the exception would be if there was a slab of solid concrete in between, and I don't mean paving slabs)
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I either eat them, throw them over the fence into the overgrown mess for the foxes or shove them in the bin.
      All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
      For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

My tiny babies went in the bin
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I think I read somewhere in last months poultry mag that you arent allowed to bury them they have to be incinerated

Comment

There's no space in our tiny garden to bury anything safely, even if we wanted to. The ones that were ill were kept by the vet and disposed of (I think it was only heat shock, as we lost two in the hot summer of 2006), and the one who died of a prolapse went in the bin, I'm afraid

Comment

we buried the first one in the field, 2 foot deep, put a slab on top.
              Another of my girls looks like she's on the way out this week but I've heard it's bad luck to bury a dead hen on your land according to Irish folklore.... off to Google it...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X