Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EEEEEEEEEEEEk What do you mean Tomorrow!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EEEEEEEEEEEEk What do you mean Tomorrow!!!!

Hi Peeps,

That's what I said to my OH [the one who says' we've got enough hens now, you don't want any more do you?] when he phoned me at work to say a friend of a friend wanted to home 8 Rhodies and was having trouble doing so as they had to go together, the conversation went; me; 'yes lots of people don't have the room. Noel; but you would want ours to go alltogether if it was us. Me; yeah I suppose I would. Noel; I said we'd home them..................silence. Me; well I suppose the paddock [0.5 acre] is big enough but.... Noel; They are coming tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Faint.

Right the wood has arrived, along with the onduline, off to B&Q for scant etc now. Start building the new henhouse by 1st light will be done but not painted inside by Dark. Noel will build I will direct proceedings and make tea. He is the same person who went into the poultry tent of the Heckington Show last year 'just to have a look' we came home with Specs & Blubell!!! Lucky that I have just bought another 50m of electric fence too.

OOH, how brilliant!
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

YEY!!!!!!....good on ya!!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

love it when OH come round to your way of thinking lucky you..you know we'll need pics when you get them
        The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

You lovely lady taking those poor homeless chooks and building them a lovely new house too. It's brilliant news
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Right, just back in, soaked muddy and with a great big grin accross my face
            been in the paddock putting up the new bit of electric fence, my chooks; 3 amber lincs, 4 wyandotte bantys, a speckaldy, a bluebell a calder ranger banty and miss bossy are having a great time in the long grass looking for bugs and having a really good scratch around.

I am so chuffed as at first they would'nt go far, stayed where the old pen was so when if finished I went over to them & had a chat [as you do] and then did my usual 'c'mon' and took the whole flock for a walk around the perimiter

I am sure I would have been in an hour ago but I just love watching them.

It had better not rain tomorrow, pics of those yanky gals will follos asap.

Comment

Oh good for you minskey! My OH was sceptical at first, but now we've got the 'Laydees' he'll happily sit in the run chatting with them! Men huh!?
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Congratulations! What a splendid job you have done of training OH

Hope you have a successful build tomorrow, I'm still "cursing" (not really) Flummery for putting me on to Black Rocks, have found a breeder in Preston, that's only two hours from here and BR's do sound like wonderful girls.

Comment

Ha-ha! Gotcha Bilbo! We can swap stories of our different varieties!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Lucky you and lucky them. Not necessarily in that order.

Comment

Lucky lucky lucky you, very very eggciting
                      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Here I am back again just came in, the henhouse sides are up, floor down [covered with industrial lino] and the nestbox is on. Wood cut for the nestbox roof and all has been glossed inside. Hopefully will finish it tomorrow, weather permitting! Roof & perches & auto pophole opener to come off the old henhouse, phew! pooped.

The new gals have arrived, all eight. Nice hens not rhodies but possibly Hyline, a little underfed [had been feeding on scraps from a cafe!] not young but all laying I think as they crouch when you wave a hand over them and we have had at least three eggs.. very friendly & not scared.

They changed a sad day to a happier one

Comment

Oh good news Minsky! They're keeping you on your toes with the building project aren't they?
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Good for you gal, they'll be happier hens now
                            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X