Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning:Getting pecked in the eyball REALLY hurts!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooh, you have my sympathy Kirsty! My Dad keeps telling me to watch out when mine sit on my lap 'They like to peck eyes, you know!' he keeps saying. I didn't believe him. Do now lol

Hope it's better soon.
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

That sounds horrible, mine have so far only had my fingers and OH's bottom. Hope it heals quickly.
      I hate it when mine are eyeing me up with their beady little eyes lol.

Comment

The same thing happened to a friend of mine,that was when she said she realised why the saying "bird Brain" gets used as an insult lol!

Comment

ouchhh!!!! glad you're ok, get some goggles next time
          The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

ROFLMAOPMP needed that today

Sorry hope it gets better soon

Comment

Oh no that's horrid, I hate anything touching my eyes so to me that would be very distressing. I do hope your drops work soon and you start to feel better.

Comment

It happened to me about six weeks ago. I bent down to clean one of the houses out, poked my head through the door and got a peck inthe eyeball. One of the batts had sneaked back in. Oh Agony. The doctor asked if I`d run its neck, trying not to laugh. I had to wear a patch. It does make you more carefull. I hope it getting a bit better. It hurts much more than you would think.

Comment

Be prepared for odd effects later on. It may not happen the same way (different sort of injury) but I have a 'vitreous detachment' which I am convinced is the after-effect of when I got hit in the eye a couple of years ago. The symptom is a light flash on the edge of field of vision if I move my head (or change where I am looking) too quickly. I don't notice it in daylight, but it means I really HATE driving after dark these days!
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

OUCH Kirsty, shouldn't snigger 'cos it is bound to happen to me one day, hope you're feeling better this morning.

A couple of times I have been accidentally "head-butted" on the nose by my dog (elderly Beardie, ex-rescue, nearly 14 and arthritic) and the eye-watering PAIN of an unexpected sharp smack to the bridge of the nose ain't funny.

It results in an involuntary and loud "OUCH" which makes Ollie cringe 'cos he knows I'm hurt but he hasn't done it deliberately so there I am with a streaming nose and watering eyes trying to comfort a scaredy-cat canine and reassure him that Mummy Isn't Angry With Him, whilst I'm in agony . . .

Comment

Oh how I sympathise Bilbo - been there myself with my old Goldie. Hasn't happened for ages, luckily, as I usually get a Migraine the next day

Comment

Eye much better now been using my drops like a good girl. Was a bit iffy for a day or so, had to avoid driving too cos eye would go funny with no warning and I wouldn't be able to see. Doc did show amusement (cos it is quite funny) and was pretty quick to say he would be interested in any eggs I've got going spare.
                        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Funny that! Everyone seems to think if you've got Hens then you've got 'spare' eggs - I tell them they're not 'spare' they're £1 for 6, cheeky wotsits!

Glad it's a bit better though Kirsty .

Comment

I'll sent Attila the Hen round to have a word with your GP, he'll be laughing on the other side of his face after she's finished with him

Strange, isn't it, how they'll peck faces but hands are really terrifying. My lot hate being picked up, and will run a mile from my hands (unless they contain mealworms, in which case obviously they're perfectly acceptable). I was giving them treats today, and as I was in sweaty running gear I knelt down at their level. Lady Tottington got a bit close, so I decided to put my face on her back rather than my hands, so see if she'd accept it. Ouch
                            http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X