No announcement yet.

How much is enough?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a local market twice a week and the stall holders are more than happy to give me the trimmings from the cabbages and cauliflowers.

Comment

Originally posted by frias View Post
      We have a local market twice a week and the stall holders are more than happy to give me the trimmings from the cabbages and cauliflowers.
      Thats the beauty of having an allotment full of brassicas! I'm even growing some especially for the chooks this year!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        Thats the beauty of having an allotment full of brassicas! I'm even growing some especially for the chooks this year!
        Me too! Have mega amounts of kale broccoli and cabbages already sprouting. I'm lucky enough to have the only chooks on our site so also get everyone else's surplus stuff! Mine love cucumber and courgettes and marrows, all of which I like to grow but only like eating the cucumbers so they get all of the others!

Comment

I haven't got a lottie and since getting the girls there's not much left growing in the garden.

Comment

Originally posted by frias View Post
            I haven't got a lottie and since getting the girls there's not much left growing in the garden.
            If I hadn't got loads of moveable posts and chicken wire on my lottie, I wouldn't have anything left either as the girls like to free range when I'm there and I can't deny them anything!

Comment

hello,

well its nice to know there are others posting who love their girls like I love mine. I hang caulis up so they are fun to peck at as they swing. My OH and son don't like cauliflower and wonder why I grow it but me girls just love pecking at the florets.
              The best things in life are those that we work hard to get and work even harder at keeping. My family, my beautiful hens (ALL 43 OF THEM) and my wonderful garden: which so needs some hard work

Comment

Hi Linz1 and welcome. Yes we love our girls (and boys) here. 43 hen WOW! I wish I had room for more but only have 5. Don't forget to add yours to our ' Lets see how many chooks we have'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X