No announcement yet.

Who'd da daddy??????

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awwwwww, sweeeeeeet! The chicks and your gorgeous little helper!

Comment

Oh beautiful And so are the chicks
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Great pics jonny! More than make up for a lack of them from Snadger and my news is that I have my first broody hen of the year today - just in time for the sale of poultry and HATCHING EGGS at DIngwall next weekend (if she makes it to then without the weather turning foul that is... or is it fowl... anyway...) - she broke the skin on my hand when I went to get the eggs underneath her! Bless!

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

NINE they're soooooooo tweet, so is the big man with the barrow
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

So are your favs boys or girls snadger?
            I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi all, A bad day today. I've just had to cull one of the chicks.

It was very small, looked a bit 'bent' and struggled to sand up. I gave it just over a day to see if it was just tired after hatching but it was way behind the others. The others started to peck at it.

It didn't look good from the start, it took a long long time to hatch and came from a small egg.

I hope I did the right thing. I'm confident it was very quick.

On a brighter note the others are doing well.

Cheers,

Jonny

Comment

Originally posted by Bephlam View Post
                So are your favs boys or girls snadger?
                I have absolutely no idea!

One of each would be nice as the salmon fav cockerels are really bonnie birds!

PS Once again, sorry for the lack of piccies, it's a bit hectic here at the mo! My Monterey just failed its MOT on a multitude of things..........just been quoted nearly £1000 to replace the exhaust alone! Grrrrr
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

When I had chooks, and a 'build-it-yourself' type incubator, I had a few hatchlings which couldn't get their feet under themselves. They did the splits. I couldn't bear to give up on them, because they were feeding, and WANTING to live, so I made some 'paper string' out of strips of kitchen-towel, and used that to 'hobble' them so their legs couldn't go off in opposite directions. After 2 days like that, when the string fell apart, they were impossible to tell from the others.
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny_s_p View Post
                    Hi all, A bad day today. I've just had to cull one of the chicks.

It was very small, looked a bit 'bent' and struggled to sand up. I gave it just over a day to see if it was just tired after hatching but it was way behind the others. The others started to peck at it.

It didn't look good from the start, it took a long long time to hatch and came from a small egg.

I hope I did the right thing. I'm confident it was very quick.

On a brighter note the others are doing well.

Cheers,

Jonny
                    Sorry Jonny...must have been tough!
                    All the best with the others!!
                    p.s...cool pics,your littl'un is a cutey,if he turns out anything like ours he'll be doing all the hard chook keeping for you soon enough!!
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X