were to get a cockerel

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were to get a cockerel

were can i get a cockerel in in the ayr area? if anyone has any info please let me know

cheers

Oh..there'll be plenty around..have no doubt of that!!!!

( I love my 2 cockerels now I know they can stay!!!)
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Try posting on the Practical Poultry forum - enough breeders there that there's a good chance of finding what you want.

Rather you than me

Comment

I've just Googled for poultry auctions near you and come up with AA McIntyre Poultry, they may be able to help or point you in the right direction
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

As Nicos said, ask around. In my experience, the second question when two people meet and find out that they both keep chickens is "Do you need a cockerel?"

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

I suppose the other thing to do -if you don't care what breed- is to knock on a few farmers doors and ask if they have any spare cockerels.
            Round here they are fattened up until about 6 months and then put in the pot. Same sort of age as a POL.Bet there are quite a few around from late summer hatchings.
            There'd be no quality control there though- so maybe you'd be better off with getting one somewhere else???Depends on what you're looking for I suppose.
            Last edited by Nicos; 26-02-2009, 09:51 AM.

Comment

In my searching of local breeders I've come across endless ads for cockerals free to a good home...if you google Poultry breeders in your area I'm sure you'll find some.Good Luck!!!
              (from what I've found you may even be able to get yourself a fairly fancy breed,either for nothing or at the least far less than you'd be paying for a hen)
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by nomad View Post
                were can i get a cockerel in in the ayr area? if anyone has any info please let me know

cheers
                Have a look in the classified ads and the breeders directory in Practical Poultry magazine. If you have Loot or Quids in or a local free paper probably something in there

Comment

I think you're in luck!

Have a look at this ad.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

OOoo..well spotted!!!

Comment

Have a look on poultry keeper website there are loads of advertisements

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X