No announcement yet.

salisbury poultry market

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be silly, i'm 493 (ask my children).
    Tx

Comment

Is anyone going to this I am

Comment

yes i hope to be attending just to see the different breeds
        my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

exactly I'm not taking anyboxes to buy anything, I just wanted to see what its like, I may taked carry boxes in march. Its an early start though.

Comment

Watch what you buy !!!! if you lready have poultry make sure anyting yo do buy is quarentined for a few weeks before you put it near your stock !!!
            Its quite heartbreaking be warned !

Comment

I'm thinking of going, as I don't live to far away. I'm gonna have a look through the catalogue first and see if there is anything in there that I would want (everything of course). Trying to look at this sensibly with my head and not my heart.
              OH has just changed the garden so the dogs can't get onto the main lawn without a gate being opened (more space for chooks and geese) but ssssh he doesn't realise that yet.

Comment

should wellies be worn

Comment

im wearing my thermals, as i've been told it freezing there. and taking a flask of tea

Comment

Iwent to salisbury poultry auction today - got up at 5.30!!!!

I was amazed how busy it was couldnt hear a thing the auctioneer was saying.

I thought the chicken houses would have gone cheaper, there about the same prices as on ebay.

Very interestiing though. Did anyone else go? Apparently March 's auction is also hatching eggs

Comment

yes we went. boy it was cold. was 1st visit and enjoyed the experience. lots of different breeds there and it was very noisy

Comment

would you go again

Comment

My OH did offer to take me today but I knew I would to too tempted. Lot 212 was 3 Salmon Faverolle pullets. Had I gone today I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to resist . Much better to wait until we move the run and extend it in the summer.

Comment

I saw those there. very nice

Comment

I went I fell in love with some geese, but restrained myself. The chickens were priced very reasonable, but I am going next month for the eggs I so enjoy hatching my own.

Comment

not sure if i would go again. was interesting to see the different breeds

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X