No announcement yet.

First egg sale!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes £1 per dozen, I think even if I put FOR SALE GOLD EGGS no-one would want them with have to eat more myself lol

Comment

£1 per dozen? Even Wilkos don't sell them that cheap.

Comment

Blimey, a £1 for 6? I sell mine at work for £1.50, but quite often people give me two quid and say not to worry about the change. But then they're hooked junkies once they've tasted them!
        http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Just got a request for a dozen for tomorrow - just as well the hens laid 3 today or we would be sitting waiting for them in the morning

£1 a dozen is very cheap, the local free range supplier does them for £1.15 a half dozen so I am just undercutting them.
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Good Lord, How on earth can they afford to sell them so cheaply. I can't get my girls laying enough for £1 for 6, keep selling out. There someone a mile away has hers at £2 per dozen but I think that's a mistake as it puts off those that only want 6.
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
              Good Lord, How on earth can they afford to sell them so cheaply. I can't get my girls laying enough for £1 for 6, keep selling out. There someone a mile away has hers at £2 per dozen but I think that's a mistake as it puts off those that only want 6.
              They're so cheap because the hens are in cages and, in my opinion, that's abuse. You can't produce free range eggs for that price.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                They're so cheap because the hens are in cages and, in my opinion, that's abuse. You can't produce free range eggs for that price.
                This is the local person - council listed as free-range egg producers Pembrokeshire County Council, Pennsylvania Farm Free Range Eggs. I am going to take a trip out to visit one day. When it comes to chook disposal, they are as bad as battery though they do advertise the hens for sale in the local papers - I just missed getting some as I was a day too late when I phoned (she has my number for when the next lot come available though).
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Surely even mass free-range can't be that cheaply produced
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

I have no idea but the lady who owns the farm is lovely. Their eggs don't taste nearly as nice as our own ones though so I suspect that they don't actually have grass. I will find out some time and report back.
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

Hmmm. I'm still suspicious of the conditions. We all know what the feed costs.

Comment

Mine don't get grass as the yard only sprouts in spring normally it drives me nuts bits of grass poking out through concrete but this year

Girls can't go in orchard as that's a doggie zone and probably too foxy too. They do get lots of green leafies though.

Quick tip as a thought hits my head. *ding
                        Beware long grass as it can knot up in their crops and often results in death if it does happen as the knot cannot be broken down easily.
                        Hayley B

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                          I'm just dreading mine having their 1st moult & going off the lay!!(not that I don't think they deserve a little break!)...but we have "orders" for approx 48 a week(not including the occassional request)...tis where I wish we'd got them at different ages,therefore hopefully managing to remain pretty consistent all year round.
                          My girls are being very obliging and moulting one at a time. (I've only got 6 though)

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                            I'm getting confused here. If the hens are in cages they're not free range are they?

Comment

That was my message becasue I assumed that for that price you can't produce free range eggs. I still don't see how they're doing it!

Comment

is there any rules for selling eggs to your neighbours and friends? Do you need certificates or something? or to say they have had their injections etc

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X