This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And down again to 2254.
    Dispatched my cockerel tonight. Hoping to bring myself round to eating him but as he's a bantam I think he'll only be a toothful!
    Sorry Frias and G4 that you've lost your Batty girls but they've lived a proper life with both of you.

Comment

• +4

2 Welsummers and 2 Bluebelles arrived last night so 2258 !!!

Comment

• Sadly minus one - Flymo departed overnight 2257
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

• Plus three new girls bought today. Ive waited 3 years to get them and I had to leave 2 behind that I really wanted as well.that makes 2260

Comment

• 2263 !

Just picked 3 up! Light Sussex, Magpie & a French Black Rock. boing!!!

Comment

• 2263-1=2262

One of the ex batts died in her sleep last night, now buried in the wild flower meadow with marigold seeds sprinkled over the soil

Comment

• 2262 minus the great gandalf - my elderly light sussex cockerel. He got a lovely burial and a few Tears!!!! 2261

Comment

• Sadly minus 1 =2260
                  Scrappy - one of my ex-batts from this time last year has had a prolapse and had to be culled. She'd got over a bad bout of coughing a few months ago and an impacted crop this week only to go back in with the others last night and I think laid overnight as she had the prolapse this morning. Its not surprising as she was the one who laid the wrinkled rough shelled eggs and they were huge.
                  RIP Scrappy - lots of corn and worms in chooky heaven.

Comment

• Now 2259 My little 4 month old bantam Araucana died in my arms this morning
                    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

• Oh Maureen that's made me feel so sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
                        Oh Maureen that's made me feel so sad.
                        Made me feel sad too She was a lovely friendly little thing but a bit of a "Billy-no-mates", always pottering around on her own, doing her own thing. I never knew which coop she'd be settling into for the night till I did the rounds. She's been found under the coops, on top of the coops and even on the roof of the Council garage block that's next to the run!! Last night I found her in the Croad Langshan run, obviously she'd managed to fly over their fence. I picked her up and put her in one of the other coops, but this morning she was really on her last legs. I don't know if the Croads had attacked her, they're absolutely huge and she was tiny. There were no obvious signs of injury, so I don't know why she went
                        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

• 2257. Lost one back in june and forgot to update until today,as lost another suddenly. Fingers crossed I'm not back here again in a few days as the last one isnt looking great and afraid she'll give uo now she's alone.

Comment

• 2257, plus my lot (68) = 2325....... and counting....

Comment

• 2325 +3 =2328
                              Three white(ish) Silkies I rescued off my neighbours plot after the others 5 were killed by something - guessing a cat as the fox would have killed the lot, and there's an enormous ginger one on the allotment site frequently mistaken for a fox

Comment

• 2328 plus15 baby silkies(black, white and gold!) Ruby and snowy went broody and are mummies - funny time of year?!2343

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X