Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 to add here; 3 ginger greedy hybrids, 1 light sussex, 2 black rock and a scots grey cock (not sure of cocks count, haven't read the whole thread sorry) = 1950

When I first read this I though u were all farmers because of the high figures lol

Comment

• Is thee room for another newbie?

I have 18 ATM....a mixture of cochins, cream legbars, marans and their progeny, including a dozen chicks....but two of the chicks are pretty certainly male, so...expect two off the total from this newbie sometime later this year. OTOH I have a broody atm.

that brings the total up to..1966?
      Last edited by lostincybersace; 12-05-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Got my 6 new ex-batts today, add them to the equation and I believe that to be...

1950+18 above = 1968 + my 6 girl's = 1974

If you include lost's dozen chicks then that makes it 1986!

Looks like the numbers are increasing again

Comment

• Think the dozen chicks might have been added in to the total already, so for the moment I'm taking the total as 1974

PLUS 1 LITTLE CHICK A cross breed Jersey Giant/Black Minorca so that makes the total 1975 (until tomorrow when I collect 3 more chooks from someone who doesn't want them any more)
          Last edited by MaureenHall; 14-05-2010, 07:09 AM.
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

• Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
            Think the dozen chicks might have been added in to the total already, so for the moment I'm taking the total as 1974

PLUS 1 LITTLE CHICK A cross breed Jersey Giant/Black Minorca so that makes the total 1975 (until tomorrow when I collect 3 more chooks from someone who doesn't want them any more)

Yes, sorry, I had included the chicks. All but two boys are staying as residents.

Comment

• Morning

I'm a newbie too but love this thread.

I am picking up four ex-battery hens on Saturday

1975 + 4 = 1979.

JBM

Comment

• 1979 plus 4 chicks- 2 dorking and 2 indian game. (part of my breeding for a good meat bird programme.......) so 1983!!!

Comment

• Up to 1986 now. I re-homed 3 girls from Newport Pagnell yesterday Long story!!!
                  Anyway, not being that good at identification of breeds, I think there's 1 Cuckoo Marans (Vera), 1 Araucana (Edna) who laid a lovely blue egg for me, and 1 Rhode Island Red (Muriel)
                  They're all in quarantine at the moment and Jerry's not happy that he can't say hello to them I'll get pictures on here as soon as I can get a minute!

I also have another couple of chicks that I (foolishly perhaps) helped hatch on Day 26, but they're not that strong and I don't know whether they'll make it or not, so I'm not adding them yet
                  My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

• RIP Tiny - She took my whole heart in such a short space of time x

-1 = 1985

Comment

• Minus 7
                      3 cockerels and one pullet rehomed and 3 cockerels dispatched

=1978

Comment

• I have assorted banties - 3 modern game, 1 old english game, 3 booted belgian mille fleurs, one dutch plus 4 lemon mille fleur pooter chciks and two ginormous cuckoo marans chicks. (And 3 legbar eggs being sat on) = 1978 + 14 = 1992

Crikey I didn't realise I had that many!

Comment

• And the next hatch is 7 CL, 1 Barred Wyandotte and 6 Festhers. Plus Nick, who now is nearly normal Nick (he's fine healthwise, just a bit of a nut ) so I can safely add him in at last. So thats 15
                          1992 + 15 = 2007

Bloomin 'eck
                          Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

• Minus Turkeybum who went down very quickly and died overnight - another ex batt from over a year ago :-(

Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

• -1 2005

Comment

• -2 = 2003 Pinky and Perky have been rehomed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X