No announcement yet.

Lime and roundworm eggs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine enjoy eating dandelion leaves and they are supposed to have a worming effect as well!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Great Snadger i will dig some up later....

Comment

Hydrated lime is what builders use to make mortar for old buildings, and to make traditional whitewash. We've used it extensively on the property in Spain.
        Quicklime is probably controlled because it is VERY dangerous stuff if used wrongly (you make hydrated lime by combining quicklime with water, and it gets HOT!).
        Hydrated lime has disinfectant properties, which is why whitewash was used on old livestock buildings.
        Quicklime is caustic. If you handle it, it absorbs moisture from the skin and gets hot, plus it reacts with any trace of acidity on the skin and causes chemical burns. NOT something you want around!
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

They used to bury corpses with quick lime - especially in wartime situations or plague - it decomposes the body rapidly by effectively dehydrating it.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
            They used to bury corpses with quick lime - especially in wartime situations or plague - it decomposes the body rapidly by effectively dehydrating it.
            Yep! and the story goes that Crippen buried his wife in slaked lime (hydrated lime) by mistake, and that was how he got caught. The slaked lime preserved a scar, and that was how they identified the body......
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Cor, you gotta know what you're doing with lime eh? I'll stick to me slice and ice!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X