advice about chicks.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice about chicks.

as i mentioned in an earlier post we got 2 chicks about 3weeks ago,they are now about 10weeks old.at the moment they have a part of run sectioned off of the main run(we also have 10 chickens about 25weeks old).does anyone have any advice on what age we should try putting them all together?ther's still a considerable size difference & unsure if they'd yet be able to stand up for themselves if bullied?(although they have definately passed the tiny helpless chick stage)also i know the normal advice is to pop them in the coop at night~as they've been living sidebyside for a few weeks now would this still be advised or would we be better off doing it on a day where we could keep an eye on them?
    I think whatever we choose we will hang on a while to take down their separate enclosure~just in case.
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

I personally wouldn't mix them until they are pretty much up to size. There is also the issue that really they should be on growers ration not layers pellets yet.

Comment

they are on growers & well pointed out if we put them together now how'd we keep food seperate;they have plenty of room in their bit so i'm sure they can manage a few more weeks~just me being impatient to see how they'll get on!
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X